We are Hiring Quality Technicians Now for a great company in Vernon CA !
We are preferably looking for candidates with Quality experience in Food Safety or a Chemistry background.
Shifts are 12 hours and Overtime is paid! 2nd Shift - 7:00PM - 7:00AM
You make overtime on every shift and doubletime if you work 5 nights. This position will pay $19-21 an hour plus .50 more per hour for working over night shifts.
- Perform quality inspections on incoming raw materials, work in progress (WIP), and finished goods.
- Ensure test results are recorded, current, and accurate.
- Place all products that do not conform to product specifications on hold.
- Create certificates of analysis (COAs) for customers as needed.
- Organize and track samples, storing completed tests and logging the data.
- Stop unauthorized deviations to SOPs, work instructions/product specifications.
- Create new lab work instructions based on customer and production needs.
- Audit the sampling collection system to confirm appropriate sampling.
- Participate in development project and support by performing the tests.
- Partner and support manufacturing in achieving quality metrics and goals.
- Provide feedback to immediate supervisor on continuous improvements.
- Monitor and ensure lab equipment are properly working.
- Ensure all quality documents are filled out and submitted in a timely manner including Master Cleaning Lists (MCL).
- Train new hires (One on One).
- Responsible for compliance with food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
- Adhere to applicable prerequisite programs (PRP) per HACCP requirement.
- 2+ years stable work experience in a related manufacturing setting. Previous experience working in a quality lab is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English, as well as proficiency in math.
- HS Diploma or GED preferred.
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Skills & Abilities;
- Must have good communication skills to compile accurate evaluation reports.
- Ability to analyze a problem and determine a possible solution.
- Conduct training to educate workers about improved quality processes.
- Team player with high standards of integrity, ethics and behavior.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This is a direct hire position offering employment with an amazing company, great benefits and a fair an reasonable salary based on experience and skills.
Pay rate offered is $19.00- $21.00 an hour to start, plus Overtime
Company offers Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLY TODAY! or reach out to me directly, my contact info is below
Professional Search Recruiter
Volt Workforce Solutions