Summary: Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the site quality assurance, quality control and quality engineering processes in line with AS9100, Nadcap, customer, regulatory, and internal requirements. Requires a thorough knowledge of Quality Engineering, Quality Assurance/Control processes, and a background in continuous improvement and corrective action methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the execution of quality plans including managing tasks, activities, development and performance of an aerospace quality engineering and quality assurance/ control team, including, but not limited to:
- Manage approved supplier list, supplier performance, purchase order review and work transfer management
- Manage customer program quality engineer and contract review
- New product integration including PPAP, PFMEA and APQP as applicable
- Manage receiving, in-process, Final, First Article and Source inspection.
- Manage NDT process, including X-Ray, Liquid Penetrant, Proof/Pressure testing
- Manage destructive testing and process control testing supporting Heat Treat and Chemical processing
- Manage Material Review Board and processing of customer returns
- Manage internal audits and corrective actions for customers, regulators and registrars
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with personnel, customers, auditors and regulators when communicating information
- Coordination of customer, regulatory and registration audits.
- Process capital expenditures for inspection equipment and equipment for special processing
- Ability to manage direct and indirect personnel, including quality engineer, quality assurance specialist, process technicians, inspectors and administrators.
- Follow all Senior policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline required with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience, or a combination of education and 5-7 years of experience.
- Experience with Nadcap certified processes
- Experience with GEMBA initiatives and directives
- Working knowledge of up-to-date inspection and control methodologies such as PFMEA, PPAP, and APQP.
- Proficiency with inspection processes, CMM and PCMM, blueprint reading, GD&T and interpretation of material and process procedures and specifications
*Volt is an equal opportunity employer*