Responsible for implementing and maintaining the quality requirements of AS9100 Rev D on projects within the aerospace industry.
Knowledge of the current standards accepted by government and industry for specification requirements for precision metal products.
Knowledge of inspection and quality control practice prevailing throughout industry and of applicable company policies and standards.
Wide knowledge of technical terminology. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in technical writing.
Ability to investigate technical problems methodically and to evaluate them objectively.
Plan and present to management any required procedure, method, tool, etc. that will enhance the quality of the product being manufactured by reducing cost, increasing efficiency and effectiveness, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, must be able to perform a variety of job duties including, but not limited to:
- Review all customer-imposed quality documents to determine applicability to specific operations and assess compliance. Independently decided and approve or direct corrections as necessary.
- Review documents relating to quality to assure compliance with customer specifications and contractual requirements.
- Evaluate corrective action taken, as requested by customer, is conclusive.
- Maintain a standard procedure (Quality Manual to encompass all customer's quality requirements).
- Interface with customers to maintain a stable working relationship, and MRB activities.
- Generate lesson plans and participate in the training of inspection personnel, when required.
- Review shop planning for adequate inspection points incorporation into the manufacturing processes.
- Verify (via inspection functions) the customer receives a product of the quality requirement per Purchase Order, B/P, Spec's, etc.
- Monitor Quality Metrics, including Scrap and Rework costs, identify responsibilities, repetitiveness, etc., and initiate improvement projects to maintain or exceed company goals.
- Justify all costs (labor, equipment, etc.) are minimum and required.
- Follow all policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above, Engineers are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline or another technical field required.
- Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume, Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Other Skills: Must perform the job successfully. Must have prior experience in Quality Systems Administration; experience in Quality system auditing and customer audits; have through knowledge of quality procedures; and prior experience in data analysis (Cost of Quality Nonconformance Trends, Scrap and Rework reports and charts, supplier performance evaluations and trends). Knowledge of up-to-date inspection and control methods in the metal industry; the ability to understand, modify and interpret, complex technical information and to draw valid conclusions, extreme conscientiousness. Ability to work under pressure.
Professional Search Recruiter
Volt Workforce Solutions
*Volt is an equal opportunity employer*