Quality Assurance Manager
Volt Tempe, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volt Workforce Solutions is excited to partner with one of the top companies in Tempe, Az. Are you seeking a company that cares about their employees? Our client pays your medical, dental and vision 100% and 3 weeks of PTO (can get up to 6 weeks of PTO over time). We have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Quality Control Manager. Do not miss working for the best, apply today
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for overseeing quality activities regarding the safety, consistency, and quality of our products. The individual in this position must establish and maintain relationships with direct reports in addition to other departments in the organization to effectively cultivate a culture of continuous improvement in which quality, safety, and productivity goals are measured and met.
- Responsible for all aspects of company Quality Assurance and Regulatory affairs in compliance with local, state, and federal food safety standards at our dietary supplement manufacturing facility.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and continuously improves programs to ensure compliance with industry standards for food and dietary supplements (cGMP, GLP, CFR 100, CFR 111, HACCP, FSMA, SQF, etc.)
- Leads internal, external customer & other regulatory agency audits & escalates any quality control and food safety issues and presents plausible solutions
- Works with R&D and Manufacturing departments in the development, scale-up, and testing of new products, processes, and equipment
- Produce release documentation for each lot of finished product
- Oversee and develop the corporate Facility Audit Program to help assure compliance to internal/external requirements, including customer requirements and strategic initiatives.
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead staff to accomplish personal and organizational goals, adhere to policies/procedures and establish/maintain a ‘culture of quality’.
- Ensures timely resolution to customer inquiries (audit findings and complaints)
- Generate, review, or approve Quality Assurance related documentation required for customer relationship/product development (such as: development, supply and quality agreement), verification of compliance, or for filings with regulatory bodies.
- Review’s data, analyzes results and recommends changes based upon findings and performs follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Oversee Document Control and lead Change Control (formulas, raw materials, and packaging materials) systems.
- Responsible for Raw Materials Supplier Qualification activities including the supplier audit program..
- Direct and oversee the work of quality assurance and quality control technicians, including training, mentoring, and ensuring professional development.
- Experience with quality assurance software that allows integration of product development, quality control (testing specs), quality assurance, project management, purchasing, as external vendors.
- Develop and maintain a product testing lab for all composition and microbial testing of all raw ingredients and finished products.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance of NFP’s, SFP’s and other product label claims
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes, unexpected events and still yield an effective outcome.
- Manages competing demands, makes timely and sound decisions, even under conditions of risk.
- Accepts feedback from others, ability to engender enthusiasm, motivate peers and subordinates and teambuilding.
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
- BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field of study
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a Quality function at a food or dietary supplement manufacturing facility
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Must be a non-tobacco user and will not use tobacco products on or off the job during the tenure of employment in Quality Assurance, as it may affect taste accuracy testing.
- No dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Volt Workforce Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TechnologyView all jobs at Volt