Procurement Specialist (11-month contract)
We are seeking a High Caliber Procurement Specialist that will develop and execute practices relating to catalog parts, boards, services, non-inventory items and make subassembly analysis in support of the planning and procurement of goods and services for the site and commercial operations worldwide.
- Develops and executes practices to manage the flow of material between suppliers, manufacturing areas and internal customers.
- Ensures maximum resource utilization.
- Conducts and documents negotiations for awarded business.
- Creates and manages area or country product/shipment allocations during times of short supply to minimize variances of reagent sales.
- Participates in program design reviews ensuring timely availability of material to support product design.
- Manages material procurement and WW distribution of spare parts inventory.
- Optimizes inventory, customer service and profitability of each commercial operations area.
- Develops WW communications between areas, countries and manufacturing.
- Develops short term options for crisis resolution.
- Makes recommendations to management.
- Analyzes trend data from a variety of sources to determine true causes of problems.
- Coordinates and supports new product launches and retirements.
- Creates and controls forecasting models for spare parts to predict product volume.
- Considers market trends and influences that directly affect forecast accuracy.
- Creates and manages shipment allocations.
- Serves as team leader in projects that are cross functional in nature, e.g. new product improvements, compliance, site activities.
- Act as a focal point for the assigned Commercial Operations Areas of the World (AOW) for spare part forecasts, placements, customer service levels, distribution plans, all other communications and decisions making.
- Interprets Data and Information from Multiple Sources: Uses personal computers and mainframe applications to collect, analyze, and transmit financial and technical data; forecast future trends, identifies problems or issues and recommends actions for resolutions.
- Analyzes area forecast and demand to develop build schedules for field service spares and intermediate level assemblies.
- Analyzes market trends and conditions to anticipate price changes and avoid supply interruptions.
- Develops Plans to Accomplish Goals: Develops plans to accomplish competing activities or projects with multiple organizations.
- Manages assigned inventory and receipts.
- Decisions have moderate impact (up to 25%) to the assigned inventory and receipts.
- Operates with limited supervision.
- Reviews are held periodically with manager to monitor goals and objectives.
- Complies with regulatory guidelines; understands and applies GMP, corporate financial/purchasing policies and site operating procedures.
- Signature authority to requisition and/or commit company funds, in accordance with site and corporate financial policies.
- Trains others within the area on materials procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- 3-6 years manufacturing, materials, finance or marketing/sales experience. Exceptions to the degree requirement will be considered.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer