Want to Join a Winning Team?
Are you Detail-Oriented? Do you like the analytical side of things?
Contact Volt today to apply for the following position(s):
Start Date: ASAP
Pay rate: up to $19-20/hour DOE
QuickBooks Expertise is a Must!
The Office Manager of this non-profit organization is responsible for day-to-day operations of office ensuring efficient and effective operations and coordinating all issues affecting daily operations of office. Ensures support functions are effective, efficient, and responsive to needs of organization. Performs accounting tasks to assure GAAP compliance and organizational needs are met and is responsible for day–to–day accounting, such as managing accounts payable, posting donation receipts, performing account reconciliations, posting monthly journal entries and general clerical functions. Prepares monthly financial statements for board of directors and assists executive director with annual budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- With minimal supervision, providing support and troubleshooting as needed to Executive Director including ensuring board meetings are scheduled, reminders and reports sent, assisting with on boarding new members, recognition of those leaving, equipment and space set up as needed.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll, submitting semi-monthly payroll tax deposits and preparation of quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Performing all activities for accounts payable with reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
- Processing all activities for accounts receivable including revenue recognition, bank deposits, and invoicing. Includes writing proper thank you notes and tax letters for all donations received including in-kind, and accounts for all donations received including online, event received and mail-in. Maintaining all bank and investment accounts reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly financial statements for board of directors.
- Assisting independent accountant with annual reviewed financial statements.
- Assisting independent accountant with information for preparation of annual non-profit tax return.
- Administration of new hire process and insurance-policy renewals for employees.
- Overseeing all aspects of facilities management to support office, including security, communicating with landlord, IT, building repair and maintenance, supply inventory for entire building, and housekeeping.
- Front-office tasks such as file maintenance, answering telephone, greeting guests, problem solving, and closing office.
- Providing support for Development team including registration for events, processing funds and/or donations, updating event software, arrange travel.
- Maintaining conference room schedule and providing support for the room to be ready.
- Receives and distributes mail to proper recipient.
- Maintains content management databases with correct data entry. Will attend fundraising events as lead registration role. Will be efficient in software and support team with necessary reports.
- Support program team with camp registration, scholarship documentation and volunteer on boarding.
- Assists with projects and mailings as needed.
- Collaborating with team to further mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s degree, financial or accounting background with 2+ year’s relevant experience in general bookkeeping preferred and in a non-profit setting is ideal.
- Knowledge and proficient use of software applications including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
- 2+ years’ experience in office management or equivalent position with similar responsibilities described above. Bilingual (Spanish) helpful.
- A professional demeanor and the highest level of discretion is essential in the management of confidential information.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to successfully multi-task and collaborate with others (writing sample may be required).
- Must pass background check.
Interested Candidates can apply by sending a resume to: m OR applying via indeed OR via jobs.volt.com. We are also available by phone or text at 208-375-9930.
“Volt is an equal opportunity employer”