American Food Company located in Moonachie, NJ is in need of a Maintenance Supervisor to assist their 3rd shift operations. The Maintenance Supervisor will plan, organize and execute maintenance activities to ensure that production can produce efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard in a safe and sanitary manner.
This is a Direct Hire position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, establish direction, and monitor all maintenance activities.
- Manages the Maintenance Preventative Program and improves as necessary.
- Manages spare parts stock room to ensure correct levels and parts are available for repairs and rebuilds.
- Understand OSHA rules and regulations while updating current programs to comply with legal codes.
- Ensure team's training is current and comply with local and state regulations
- Determines and manages projects required to improve safety, throughput, and quality including but not limited to managing contractors' activities.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of current systems by conferring with operating and quality departments.
- Summarize complex problems to aid in the decision making of appropriate actions.
- Regularly measure and evaluate downtime of all operating systems and develop continuous improvement goals and action plans
- Manages rebuilds and repairs in an orderly and time fashion
- Manages mechanics payroll in terms of hours worked, overtime, attendance, and vacations
- Manages personnel performance through coaching, development, and/or verbal and written notifications.
- Respond quickly to critical safety conditions
- Ensure the correct maintenance resources are available for all production and sanitation activities by managing the mechanics schedules.
- Lead and facilitate maintenance shift hand-offs
- Lead and support the continuous improvements in maintenance
- Ensure all shift and daily inspections are completed
- Ensure all teams have adequate tools to complete their jobs.
- Diagnose facility problems and apply best resources and troubleshooting techniques to avoid re-occurrence.
- Serve as the technical expert to guide maintenance team and communicate with the affected departments.
- Degree + 1-2 years food manufacturing experience. Willing to consider a combination of education and prior experience
- 1 year + of maintenance leadership
- Computer Literate
- Spanish literate a plus
- Good communication skills
Click the apply button on this screen to submit your application for consideration to Sr. Recruiter, Jennifer Cremonesi.
Hourly pay rate will be based on experience and to be discussed during our call.
Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer