Logistics Technician - Level 3
Volt Newark, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 Hourly
Volt is currently seeking an experienced Logistics and materials Coordinator to partner with a well tech company in the Newark and Santa Clara area of California. This individual will be an integral part of the materials management team, performing shipping and receiving, materials management, and inventory operations to ensure the success of the company.
Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, facilities and locations according to job order tracking system and or department priorities. Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records within Job Ticketing system. Reviews shipping schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine materials tracking and shipment needs.
- Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- Examines material delivered to facility to verify conformance to specifications and content labels.
- Arranges in-plant transfer of materials to meet job order schedules.
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and facility processes.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- May move or transport materials from one department to another, manually or using material handling equipment, Forklifts, and Pallet Jacks.
- Shipping and receiving duties, to include, creating shipping labels, palletizing, banding, and packaging materials for shipment. Loading unloading trucks for delivery and shipment.
- Maintaining accurate electronic documentation of tasks, and job orders within electronic tracking software platforms, and excel spreadsheets.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer