LAB Research Chemist/Physicist/Engineer II
Volt Workforce Solutions Cottage Grove, MN
- Expired: March 19, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
LAB Research Chemist/Physicist/Engineer II in Cottage Grove, MN at Volt
# Date Posted: 3/16/2020
# Job Snapshot
- Employee Type: Contingent
- Location: Cottage Grove, MN
- Job Type: Engineering Disciplines
- Duration: 48 weeks
- Date Posted: 3/16/2020
- Job ID: 223221
- Pay Rate $28.36/Hour
- Contact Name Volt Branch
- Phone 913-201-4928
12+ mths-$28.00 hr.
# Lab Research Chemist/Physicist/Engineer II
Volt is seeking a Lab Research Chemist for Cottage Grove location of a well known client.
# Job Summary:
Responsible for conducting lab operations to meet Waste & Feedstream Analysis Plan (WAP/FAP) requirements, waste regulations and safety, environmental, and productivity objectives. Drive continuous improvement projects to decrease environmental impact, improve safety, increase productivity, & reduce cost. Partner with waste generators to ensure regulatory compliance and cost reduction.
# Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct lab testing, coordinate external testing as needed, complete data analysis, process data, and update Waste Stream Profiles (WSP) per the (WAP/FAP).
- Track and analyze data to identify issues and provide guidance to improve lab and waste receival & disposal operations.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve safety and environmental performance, improve efficiency, reduce cost, and improve equipment reliability & uptime
- Work together with waste generating plants to profile and classify materials to meet waste regulations and requirements of waste receival & disposal operations.
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools where applicable to drive improvement projects with sustainable results.
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry
Works with moderate work direction, and can identify issues/problems but may need assistance in resolving. Worker to assume responsibility for initiating and performing defined technical activities leading to new or improve products, processes or technologies on a program basis.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Volt Workforce Solutions
AddressCottage Grove, MN
ScienceView all jobs at Volt Workforce Solutions