Volt has partnered with a globally recognized, multinational company that was established in 1980 and headquartered in Houston, Texas to find their next Junior Accountant.
With over 2,500 employees worldwide, this group of companies is strategically located with manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, sales offices and assembly/testing workshops.
We are now hiring a qualified Junior Accountant for our Canemont facility. Candidates will have at least 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing. This position reports directly to the Controller.
- Manage daily accounting activities, including cash receipts, approving customer refunds and auditing employee expenses
- Assist in the accounting close process. Identify and execute opportunities to shorten the month-end close process
- Prepare journal entries
- Establish a robust Balance Sheet reconciliation process to ensure that accounts are accurately reconciled on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses
- Initiate business process improvements within the accounting group.
- Support special projects
- Assist in the coordination of external audits
- Other accounting projects as require
- Ensures compliance and maintaining the processes/procedures of the WOM management systems, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Comply with all environmental, health and safety rules
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Accounting
- CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of work experience with increasing responsibilities
- 1-2 years of manufacturing experience, preferred, not required
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Comfortable operating with large amounts of data and complex models
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve technical issues
- Ability to identify issues and develop a solution with little guidance
- Audit experience preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Excel, advance proficiency preferred
Volt is an equal opportunity employer