Volt has an immediate opening for a Service Desk Technician in Sparks, NV.
As the Service Desk Technician, you will be providing white glove service to team members, with Passion and Excellence!
- Providing outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Under general supervision, performing standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to Service Desk activities.
- Deploying new and upgraded computer equipment to customers. Physical installs/placement of equipment, cabling, data backup and transfer, imaging, basic to complex configurations, standard to complex application installations, validation and testing. Also, will prepare old devices for disposal or redeployment.
- Accurately documenting instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal in the Service Desk system.
- Performing hardware/software troubleshooting and repairs remotely or in person on desktops/laptops, printers and mobile devices while meeting the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Resolving questions or issues, referring only complex matters to higher level.
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of local site IT systems documentation.
- Ensuring compliance to all policy and procedures including but not limited to SOX compliance.
- Exercising good judgment by involving management in resolving customer issues as necessary.
- Escalating unresolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Reporting to leadership on the environment status regularly.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptops, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, wired/wireless LAN, VPN, antivirus and mobile devices.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred but may be substituted for equivalent experience.
- HDI Desktop Support Technician and/or ITIL Foundations Certified.
- Solid knowledge of Service Desk / Customer Support center operations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized.
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain/present technical information and effectively train/advise customers on information technology issues
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptops, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, wired/wireless LAN, VPN, antivirus and mobile devices.
- Experience supporting enterprise environments where computing reliability is mission critical.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify