Volt has partnered with an international company located in Sonoma County. Our client is looking for a Finance Manager that will manage a team of 5 in the accounting department. Ideal candidates will come with Power BI, background in manufacturing with co-packer experience, have knowledge of promotional and pricing. The Finance Manager will report directly into the VP of Finance and will be instrumentation in managing financial budgets and reportings, preparing financial presentations to the CEO and board members.
Our client offers an excellent total package ( salary and benefits)
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES (include but are not limited to:)
- Delivering insightful analysis that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Coordinate and prepare regional forecasts, budgets, business and strategic plans.
- Ensure a seamless integration of the budgets and forecasts into monthly reporting.
- Undertake the monthly management reporting on sales, operations, procurement and NPD functions.
- Continued enhancement of monthly business unit reporting packages including dashboards – work with global finance team to standardize.
- Assist VP Finance with all relevant financial accounting, audit and taxation reporting.
- Assist VP Finance with monthly management and board reporting and other financial presentations.
- Proactively seek ways to improve processes and reporting to create global consistency.
- Proactively seek ways to streamline processes and create report automation.
- Support, challenge, and influence key operational and strategic decisions by offering trusted advice on planning assumptions, promotions and pricing, trade-offs and opportunities on cost, efficiency, capital investment and working capital optimisation to deliver on profit improvement.
- Ensure high level of stewardship in business decision making and planning process.
- Development of financial models to support effective decision making.
- Contribute to statutory reporting process and market updates required for our Parent entity in Australia.
- Assist VP Finance to ensure any relevant internal risk management plans are developed.
- Raise the level of commercial finance acumen in the team and wider business, including general coaching and devising and conducting training programs.
- Drive efficiency in the team and wider business.
- Other adhoc project work as and when required.
- Adherence to global and regional financial and management reporting timelines.
- Quality and timeliness of information provided.
- Quality of financial commentary in reports and presentations.
- Partnering with the North American business to improve financial indicators as per budget and strategic scorecard targets (example including margins, cost savings, EBITDA, working capital and Free Cash Flow).
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and build trust.
- Ability to interact with all levels of leadership and be able to influence and negotiate.
- Adhoc requests responded to on a timely and accurate basis.
- CPA / CA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in a similar role in FMCG environment.
Type of experience:
- Strong understanding of FMCG/retail and manufacturing business.
- Strong financial accounting experience.
- Experience in finance business partnering roles.
- Experience and proficiency in analysis of promotional / pricing effectiveness.
- Experience and proficiency in managing planning cycles and management reporting.
- Experience dealing with senior business partners.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Financially astute business partner.
- Strategic influencer, collaborator and negotiator.
- Constructive challenger.
- Strong data analysis and system skills.
- Ability to work with high level of ambiguity and complexity.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative and the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy.
- Customer focussed.
- A commitment to our company values of bravery, diversity, respect, innovation and wellness.
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors
In today’s job market, "who you know" matters more than ever - and that is why you should get to know Volt. We are one of the world’s largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at https://jobs.volt.com.
Volt Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on the Apply button to apply for this job or call 707-547-1660 to speak to a Recruiter.