a great organization in Burbank CA has an immediate opening for a Healthcare Eligibility Specialist to join their team! this company offers great healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k and a Pension at Retirement. They also have many other Benefits like PTO (vacation, holiday and sick pay), paid parking etc...
Because of COVID-19 this position is partly a work from home role. However you must be willing to go into the office a few days a week and on those days you will be required to wear a face mask the entire time. You must also have the Internet and technology capability to work from home.
Please send your resume to Ida at or call 805-636-9049
You would be conducting eligibility requirements for participants including; earnings requirements, basic plan benefits, COBRA, HIPAA and related aspects of the Affordable Care Act. Work closely with the department’s Manager/Assistant Manager to assist in the day-to-day functions of the department.Work closely with the IT Help Desk, Anthem, ESI Delta Dental and Davis Vision to detect and resolve system and eligibility data issues.Adhere to all eligibility and call policies and procedures while making sound decisions to resolve eligibility issues and Participant issues.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS;
- Cross-trained to process the departments work load including but not limited to: new eligibility, loss of coverage etc., dependent coverage, pharmacy issues, COBRA Administration, Monthly/Quarterly/Annual processes.
- Maintains lists of any Participants with coverage exception issues that must be manually updated (weekly/monthly) and performs necessary data entry.
- Provides training and instruction for system overrides and “work-arounds” to team members as necessary.
- Coordinates with the Eligibility Team, the I.T.’s team, and all vendors (i.e., Anthem Blue Cross, Express Scripts, Delta Dental, Davis Vision and the UCLA/MP Fund to identify and resolve eligibility data issues discovered in our system, data file transmissions and vendor discrepancy reports.
- Performs system testing (as needed) of all proposed resolutions to Help Desk Tickets and reports results to the department Assistant Manager and/or Manager.
- Performs manual calculation of Qualified Certified Retiree Health Quarters for all requests received from the Pension Department.
- Assists the Sr. Eligibility Technical Specialist in gathering all necessary data (electronic and manual) for monthly and quarterly performance reports to COO and CEO.
- 4-5 years’ customer service/call center queue environment experience
- Strong knowledge of Health Benefits and Eligibility
- Proven problem solving and sharp analytical skills
- Business analytics experience
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products, including Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and excellent listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This position is a Full-time role Monday - Friday.
Please send your resume too or call Ida at 805-636-9049
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer