Great Software company in Santa Barbara has openings for Backend Software Engineer Developers- Hiring Immediately!
This role pays $80-100 an hour but you must have the following experience. Please read carefully
The Software Engineer on the Development team is responsible for the implementation, design, architecture and quality control of business integrations/general development within the customer-facing product application and internal tools used by development technical operations. This includes troubleshooting bugs and implementing new features as required in existing backend applications; even building new components as needed. A successful Software Engineer will produce all required functionality in a timely manner and will communicate and work with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Working with various teams to delivery software products to support business growth.
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
What You'll Need:
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise application.
- 2+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer on Linux platform.
- Familiar with latest Java development framework and open-source tools.
- Excellent in communication (written and verbal) and collaboration with other functional teams (Support Engineering, Tools, Product, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web application architectures.
- Familiar with Linux file systems
- Familiar with AWS services
- Strong SQL / Database knowledge
- Familiar with Test frameworks (Junit, wiremock)
Nice to Have
- ElasticSearch knowledge
- Gradle Experience
- Azure, Google Cloud experience
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Python / Ruby / Go experience
- Familiar with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket)
- Terraform / Ansible
Please apply to this positing or email your resume
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer