Auditor III - 21-790
Volt Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VOLT’s client is looking for an Auditor (remote to candidates in CA, NV, OR, ID, WA)
This is an expected contract to hire position remote to candidates in CA, NV, OR, ID, or WA. This is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. We are among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support many of the top-rated IT companies in the US!
In this role, you will conduct and/or lead internal audits and participate in special projects relating to a wide range of bank operations, regulatory compliance, risk management, and finance and accounting functions. You will perform and lead risk assessments, audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing to independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls that are designed to ensure the achievement of management's operating objectives, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and reliability of financial statements and other reporting. You'll coach and train less experienced staff and lead key audit meetings, including briefing the Chief Audit Executive and other senior management regarding the results of work performed.
- Lead research activities relating to the business area/function being audited, lead and document risk assessment and planning activities, define and execute more complex audit work program steps, document work performed, draft audit results/conclusions, and review audit procedures and work products of others.
- Lead audits or special projects. May be responsible for leading or program-managing certain Internal Audit department activities of areas requiring more specialized or technical expertise.
- Compile and maintain audit work papers in conformity with departmental quality standards and guidelines promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors. Review work papers created by others and provide coaching feedback to less experienced auditors.
- Execute assigned tasks in conformity with deadlines and budget expectations.
- Keep the Audit Manager informed of progress, impediments, and the results of fieldwork. Independently navigate through or around roadblocks, timing delays, and other challenges. Produce informative status reports and other Internal Audit correspondence.
- Lead discussions with audit clients/management regarding results of testing in order to validate facts and circumstances; formulate and substantiate audit testing conclusions and/or reportable findings.
- Identify and assess control enhancements or opportunities for management to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of operations.
- Provide assistance in responding to information requests or requests for assistance from external auditors, regulatory examiners, and other departments.
- Perform and lead assigned SOX testing procedures. May be assigned to lead testing activities relating to a larger subset of the annual SOX testing requirements.
- Lead the work of other auditors on assigned engagements.
- Demonstrate compliance with all regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related business field or equivalent experience. MBA other Master's degree, or advanced certification preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in internal or external audit, compliance, risk management, or SOX; total years of experience may take into consideration other relevant banking, finance, operations, or technology experience. Experience should include 1 to 2 years in a supervisory or audit lead capacity.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CRCM, CAMS or comparable audit, accounting, compliance, or risk management certification required.
- Familiarity with banking and financial services regulatory requirements, such as FDIC, FRB, or CFPB.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with advanced accounting and finance, risk assessment, internal control, and auditing concepts/methods.
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a Volt Recruiter to discuss this position with you. Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our Workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and re-deployment assistance.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Volt