Strategic Pricing Analyst
- $55,530 to $66,800 Yearly
Job Title: Strategic Pricing Analyst
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Volm location in Antigo, WI or Volm location in Wausau, WI (must work in the Antigo office 2-3 days per week).
The Marketing Pricing Team supports sales by enabling strategic decisions leading to greater profitability, while partnering cross-functionally across the business to execute corporate strategy. Within this team, the Strategic Pricing Analyst will be responsible for strategy creation, planning, and execution for all pricing and competitive functions. The Strategic Pricing Analyst will execute pricing strategies that drive profitable share growth for the business. The Strategic Pricing Analyst serves as a key member of the Marketing Team and interacts with various members of the Marketing group. This position utilizes both internal and external analysis data to help drive optimal pricing decisions. The Pricing Analyst uses pricing related tools and processes to optimize pricing. This role will also review and analyze historical data to measure results and develop future pricing and gross margin improvements.
• Deliver professional presentation of market competitive pricing across a range of products in a timely fashion.
• Investigate quantitative and qualitative impacts of pricing strategies to make recommendations to improve future sales and gross profit.
• Continual review of pricing strategies to make recommendations to optimize profitability while focusing on delivering value to the customer.
• Monitor the results of contractual customer agreements by assessing actual performance in relation to the plan and profit margins.
• Adjust pricing recommendations as warranted based upon data driven support, and proactively monitor product performance to determine whether reevaluation should be considered by leadership.
• Collaborate closely with the Senior Leadership Team regarding product pricing to ensure priorities align with high-level organizational strategies and objectives.
• Ensure price changes are executed in a manner consistent with internal policies and procedures.
• Foster a collaborative partnership with the operations group.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and related Microsoft software applications
• Complete a pre-employment skill assessment to identify Microsoft Excel knowledge level.
• Adept analytical and decision-making skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Knowledge of advanced business reporting.
• Ability to identify disparate data and subsequently draw sound business conclusions.
• Work onsite alternating between the Antigo and Wausau, Wisconsin offices.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Computer Science or Business with data analytics or statistics as part of course studies.
• Minimum 2 years related experience.
• Experience with BI/Data Warehousing Tool (MicroStrategy/Cognos or related tool) is desired.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is preferred.
• Frequent sitting/stationary desk work.
• Hand and eye coordination is required.
• Rarely pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, crouching, or crawling.
• Occasional standing and walking.
• This position requires up to 15% of travel between locations and vendor sites using a personal motor or company vehicle.
• Undergo MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) driver monitoring in accordance with company policy.
• Maintain an acceptable driving record as per company standards and as is defined in Volm Driver Policies.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be a minimum of 21 years of age.
• Maintain a minimum personal auto liability insurance limit of $300,000 per accident and $100,000 of personal property coverage.
This job description is intended as a general outline of the primary responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or activities that may be required. The employer reserves the right to modify, add, or remove any responsibilities, duties, or activities as deemed necessary with or without notice.
Volm Companies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and other protected characteristics. If you require reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, please inform us and we will work with you to address your needs.
Volm CompaniesWausau, WI
BusinessView All Volm Companies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.