- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volm Companies is family owned and operated since 1954 strives to make sure it's employees are taken care of! Here at Volm, we offer annual pay raises, career path progression, a focus on internal promotional opportunities, work life balance, paid orientation, a paid referral program, flexible scheduling (department dependent), paid holidays and vacation time, 401k profit sharing, short term and long term disability paid 100% by the company, medical, dental and vision insurance options, paid parental leave, family company picnics, Christmas parties, gym membership assistance, tuition assistance, and child care assistance. We take care of you, so you can take care of the ones you love! We have almost 100 different products that provide farmers with the necessary supplies to ensure that food and other products make it to the store shelves. At Volm, the work you do is valuable and contributes to our communities success! Apply below to join the family!
Job Title: Production Scheduler
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Production Scheduler is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the Company’s production schedule at each of its production facilities. This position will be responsible for effective communication of production plans between Project Management, Purchasing, Production Supervision, and Shipping. The Production Scheduler will schedule jobs to meet the required ship date and will escalate any capacity concerns as needed. This position will coordinate with purchasing to assure timely order and receipt of materials required for production.
Essential Duties to include:
- Coordinating and developing production schedules daily
- Analyzing daily schedules to determine capacity on a plant level as well as a department level
- Production-planning oversight to ensure that production operations are meeting shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders
- Communicate effectively with Production Supervisors/Operations Managers to set weekly schedules and help resolve scheduling issues, priority orders, and other special instructions
- Responsible for training a backup Scheduler in each plant
- Reviews allocation of jobs to assure all adequate raw material levels
- Monitor, analyze, and order raw materials from vendors
- Lead inventory accuracy initiatives throughout the plant
- Develop capacity plans to support varying levels of demand
- Proficiently uses ERP system.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as developed oral and written communication skills to deal with internal and external relationships
- Remain highly organized, flexible, and able to react well to immediate issues with attention to detail and deadlines which includes prompt responses to daily emails and phone requests
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet expected goals on time
- Teamwork within all departments will be necessary
- Motivated to go beyond the job description to ensure the work meets or exceeds expectations
- Demonstrate appropriate reading, clerical, analytical and math skills
- Ability to maintain accurate data, both in computer system and/or manually and to communicate information to all levels of management as required
- Solid MS Word and have advanced skills in Excel
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills (in person, by telephone, and in writing), including a professional, self-confident image
- Ability to effectively challenge the current ways of working and contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment without direct supervision
- Have a good work record, including indications of strong self-motivation, high productivity, reliable attendance, attention to quality, ability to learn new skills, and a cordial, cooperative personality
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred planning/scheduling experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Be able to handle items weighing up to 50 pounds. This includes regular pushing, pulling, lifting, and positioning items of that weight
- Constant talking, hearing, standing, and repetitive motions
- Frequent sitting, reaching, grasping, and bending
- Requires eye and hand coordination
- Office setting, with constant exposure to manufacturing environments.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Volm Companies