Functions as the primary and strategic link to the business by partnering with specific departments to fulfill Human Resource needs. Helps both the assigned department and individual employee maneuver through various Human Resource processes and procedures. Serves as the primary advocate for individual employees by knowing and understanding issues, facilitating problem solving to address concerns, and ensures positive employee relations by balancing both company and employee perspectives.
- Serves as primary advocate for employees. Balance advocate role for both the employee and the company
- Serve as liaison between employees and other HR support areas regarding employee increases, employee records, leaves of absence & disability process, FMLA, & all other human resources policies.
- Support the effective implementation & execution of key business & human resources initiatives.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, & procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department & services performed.
- Provide coaching to leaders in support of performance management, employee relations and human resources policies. Guide leaders on effective solutions for addressing disciplinary & other complex issues.
- Partner with other HR support areas relative to performance management process (PMP), Succession Planning, merit pay & bonus programs.
- Identify local workforce issues & recommend organizational strategies & interventions.
- Communicate with employees to understand and address work-related problems that adversely affect moral, health, and productivity.
- Promote positive employee relations & performance via employee communications & employee engagement activities.
- Develop & implement employer of choice practices.
- Evaluates and resolve employee relations and work-related problems, and meet with management to determine appropriate action.
- Counsel employees regarding work or personal concerns.
- Assist in identifying employee training & development needs & facilitate &/or coordinate resources to enhance organizational learning.
- Maintain confidentiality with all levels
- Support the overall investigation process
- Bachelor Degree or advanced degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 3-5 years job related experience
- General knowledge of all functional areas of Human Resources
- Proven communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- General understanding of federal & state employment, labor, health & safety laws (OSHA)
- Competent counseling, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- PHR or SPHR Certified Human Resources Professional Designation
- Experience with SAP Personnel Management Systems
- Budget Accountability: None
- Supervises Others: Indirectly
- Span of Control (# Directs): 0
- Travel Required: None
*Flexible scheduled is required due to the nature of manufacturing (typical hours may be until 6 p.m. Monday – Thursday)