Volkert Inc Springfield, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
“We are proud to have been doing business the right way since 1925. If you’re wanting to join a well-established company that values its employees and works on innovative, difference-making projects, you’re in the right place.”
– David A. Allsbrook, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert—a Top 100 design firm—is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Design + Engineering
Planning + Environmental
Program + Construction Management
We are currently searching for a talented Utility Engineer in our Mid-Atlantic Region located in Springfield, VA.
Are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering design for various linear utility projects, including water and wastewater, electric, telecommunications and natural gas.
- Planning and management of various projects.
- Oversee and guide designers and drafters to deliver linear utility projects.
- Responsibilities may include applying established and well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, policies or standards.
- Performs design computations, checks plans or computations, and develops quantity takeoffs.
- Adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results.
- Identify and analyze problems using reasoning to arrive at conclusions
- Applies standard practices and techniques to accomplish work assignments.
- Understands and adheres to assigned phase and task schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of project.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce the actions needed, to improve performance within the larger organization.
- Prepare transportation reports and plans based on project analyses and assessments
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Working closely and effectively communicating with team members
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 7-12 years of design experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, GeoPak, OpenRoads and InRoads
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Virginia, Maryland or Washington DC
- Must have utility experience
- Previous client relationships are a plus
- Ability to work well with other related disciplines and coordinate design activities for timely completion and within resource budgets
- Experience and ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment in the solution of work problems
To be a successful Volkert Utility Engineer, you must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Volkert Inc