Regional Program Management Practice Leader
- Posted: over a month ago
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Regional Program Management Practice Leader to support our Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic region located in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia. *Only applicants are considered if you have previous vertical program management experience, K-12, or higher education program experience.
The purpose of the position:
Provides leadership and oversight for business, technical and administrative management of all program and construction management activity in the region. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and internal subconsultants as well as third party consultants and contractors during the program execution.
- Ability to make public presentations and have experience working with public bodies such as school boards, city council’s etc.
- Establishes project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements for individual projects.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
- Guides Program Manager(s) to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies, and interviews available personnel, and recommends staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, contractors, field personnel to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments or other offices, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Contract Scoping, Estimating, and Negotiating: Assists client with identification of capital needs and associated costs and resources in successful delivery of those needs. In collaboration with the client develops a definitive program of work that ensures scope and budget are aligned with the work to be performed. Develops the project budget including all anticipated program costs. Establishes a project master schedule consistent with client needs and expectations. Participates in the scope and fee negotiating process for VOLKERT services as well as for other service providers.
- Project Execution: Prepares a Project Execution Plan (PEP) that identifies the project team organization, identifies each specific task or phase and all work that must be performed to complete the project, outlines a schedule to ensure that the project can be completed on time, and develops an estimate and schedule of the manpower requirements needed to complete the project.
- Project Monitoring and Review: Is responsive and maintains direct contact with clients on a continuing basis to discuss technical and scheduling issues. Conducts project staff meetings to review progress and further communication and coordination within the team.
- Marketing and Business Development: Responsible for business development strategies and plans for the region Maintains professional relationships with all clients. Participates in establishing annual marketing goals for the region and works to achieve those goals through systematic and organized marketing efforts and processes.
What you need to have:
- 15+ years of professional experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management/Architecture/Engineering or related field
- A broad general project/construction management background and project/program management experience on similar project types is required
- Professional Engineer registration or Project Manager Certification is required at this level
- Previous vertical program management experience, K-12, or higher education program experience.
- Public speaking and presentation abilities are required at this level
- Graduate level business management education is desirable
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate project management software for use on project
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by federal authorities may be performed.
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- We offer a hybrid workplace which includes remote, hybrid, and in-office positions
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, President and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
BusinessView all jobs at Volkert Inc