Quality Assurance Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to providing clients with creative solutions for sustainability, including improvements to infrastructure, the environment, and natural resources. Founded in 1925, Volkert is celebrating a century of serving our employees, clients, partners, and communities.
We are currently searching for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to support our East Gulf Region. This position will support projects based out of Alabama.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for performance of the quality assurance aspects of overall project design and construction
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Technical advisor to quality assurance engineering team regarding project tasks and operations
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and make recommendations for improvement as appropriate, to ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements
- Project Management. Assists Project Managers in developing a Project Execution Plan (PEP) prior to project execution. Provides assistance for problem projects and leads detailed project reviews. Participates in regional month-end project reviews.
- Project Controls. Develops and issues documents describing standard work processes involved in project execution.
- Develops and manages staff to meet business objectives. Monitors productivity of all Project Controls, QA staff members. Manages all Project Controls, Quality Improvement Committees (QIC’s) and recommends changes where desirable.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- A minimum of 10 years of transportation infrastructure design and construction experience
- Must have experience on highway transportation infrastructure projects involving roadway and bridge aspects
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life throughout our communities. We are proud of our one-hundred-year legacy and humbled by the opportunities ahead of us as we look forward to our next century of service. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Volkert IncBirmingham, AL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.