Volkert Inc Baton Rouge, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
“We are proud to have been doing business the right way since 1925. If you’re wanting to join a well-established company that values its employees and works on innovative, difference-making projects, you’re in the right place.”
– David A. Allsbrook, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert—a Top 100 design firm—is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Design + Engineering
Planning + Environmental
Program + Construction Management
We are currently searching for a talented Program Manager to support our Program Management team primarily in the Gulf Coast area.
Are we the road to your future?
The Program Management Group serves as a professional consultant to a variety of public and private sector clients in the successful management of Large Programs with individual projects and large-scale building programs. Our Group assists clients/owners in the delivery of large capital projects by guiding and advising on the developing of capital budgets and management of all other professional and construction service to meet the client’s goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and positioning for large federally funded programs and developing strategies to win new work in desired markets.
- Maintains professional relationships with all clients. Participates in establishing annual marketing goals for the region and works to achieve those goals through systematic and organized marketing efforts and processes.
- Familiar with the integration of engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Act as the Company representative with the client and internal subconsultants as well as third party consultants and contractors during the program execution.
- Ability to make public presentations and have experience working with public bodies such as city council’s etc.
- Establishes project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements for individual projects.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
- Guide Project Managers to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and recommends staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Maintains daily contact with field personnel during all field activities.
- Submits monthly reports to client and responds to client issues and expectations to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
- Reviews bid requirements and assists with bidder solicitation activities.
- Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, contractors, field personnel to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments or other offices, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
What you need to have:
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university. Specialty or advance degree or certifications are a plus.
- Experience in Developing and Implementing Large Federally funded Long-Term Recovery Programs dealing with rebuilding public sector capacity
- Infrastructure: Water, Sewer, Broadband Expansion
- Social: Public Health / Food
- Housing; Emergency Rental Assistance
- Workforce development / Economic Assist
- Programs Experience size, ideally $40M+ administered at State/County or Major Municipal level
- Types of Programs:
- Preferred--- CARES Act/COVID-19, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA); USACE Rapid Deployment Infrastructure
- Acceptable--- HUD-CDBG-DR/CDBG-MIT, FEMA-PA
- 4-6 yrs Experience leading major programs / participating in lead roles
- Experience Administering State level programs as State Employee or Department lead is a plus, but not required.
To be a successful Volkert Program Manager, you must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at Volkert Inc