Land Surveyor Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Land Survey Manager to help build and lead a Land Survey group and to support existing Transportation and Energy clients in our Bentonville or Little Rock, AR offices.
This position is a managerial role and will be responsible for working with Engineering and Real Estate Mangers to help grow a new surveying group. Responsibilities include, business development, hiring and mentoring survey staff and the success of projects, including quality, budget and schedule.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help build and support new and existing client relationships
- Develop fees and write and review proposals
- Hire, mentor and train technical staff, including professional land surveyors, survey field crews and technicians
- Manage projects to ensure a quality product is delivered on time, under budget and that meets the client needs and expectations
- Ensuring compliance with client and company safety regulations
What you need to have:
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor (Registered in Arkansas)
- 5-10 years of experience in surveying management with the ability to grow and lead a Survey department
- Strong professional relationships with local and State DOT’s
- Solid self-motivational and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Safety oriented
- Technical skills, including AutoCad and/or MicroSation, Trimble equipment and software, laser scanning and drones a plus
- Oklahoma Professional Licensure a plus
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
Volkert IncLittle Rock, AR
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.