IT System Administrator
- Expired: January 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced IT System Administrator located inMobile, AL.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining stability and security of virtual and physical server infrastructure
- Monitoring and managing backup applications
- Supporting VoIP telephone system and assisting in managing extensions and user accounts
- Setting up security groups and active directory accounts
- Firewalls security policy maintenance, implementation and troubleshooting
- Resolving network issues and monitoring network health
- Knowledge of Windows server operating systems, Active Directory structures and AD Group Policy
- Manage LAN, WAN and wireless networks to ensure uptime, performance, and security
- Knowledge of network routing
- Knowledge of Voice Over IP Telephone technology
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity problems with knowledge of troubleshooting switches and router connections
- Develop, analyses, and install office network and infrastructure necessary to meet needs of end users. This includes wiring, switches, firewall, and internet needs and settings
- Maintenance, monitoring and support of the O365 system including Exchange email, OneDrive, etc.
- Maintenance, monitoring and support of our cloud infrastructure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and extreme multi-tasking required
What you need to have:
- 4-year College degree or equivalent experience is required
- A+, Network +, Security + Certification is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Information Technology field
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
"For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference."
- Thomas A. Hand, PE, President and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
TechnologyView all jobs at Volkert, Inc.
Get fresh FIRM Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.