- Posted: over a month ago
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced GIS Analyst to support our West Central Region located in Collinsville, IL.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinates and participates in the development, implementation, and deliverable of geographic information system (GIS) projects
- Project work will involve data conversion/migration, map production, preparing GIS data, data analysis, publishing rest services, and creation of geographic maps, GIS database support, and associated work
- Directs and participates in the long-term development and enhancement of GIS information technology to meet mapping objectives
- Provides expertise, support, assistance and guidance to staff and external contacts.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with ArcGIS Enterprise Suite (Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal)
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs
- Ability to assist in the field if needed
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Preferred experience: SDE SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabases, Database Versioning, Publishing Services, ArcGIS Web App Builder
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- We offer a hybrid workplace which includes remote, hybrid, and in-office positions
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, President and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
ScienceView all jobs at Volkert Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?