Construction Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Construction Project Manager to support our Mid-Atlantic Region in Washington D.C. or Springfield, VA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage assigned elements of projects as an owner’s representative to ensure contract compliance for roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects
- Manage operations including meeting client inspection staffing needs, provide staff supervision, provide technical guidance to staff and ensure quality of work product
- Oversee day to day oversight of construction inspection activities in the field, progress estimates and payments, and project closeout
- Review programs for conformance with Client standards
- Managing projects so that schedules and budget are met
- Maintaining relationships in the construction community to provide market intelligence as well as ensure consideration for future business development opportunities
- Provides support with assigned elements of construction project
- Use engineering principles to interpret project plans and specifications
- Participate in various construction meetings, field inspections, concurrent engineering meetings, schedule review and notice of intent and claim analysis
What you need to have:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Valid Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in the District of Columbia (D.C.) or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in transportation construction management
- Experience in transportation construction projects either with Owner, Contractor, or Consultant CM team with demonstrated knowledge of construction means and methods
- Contract development and project management process
- Schedules, claims avoidance, claims mitigation, cost estimating and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in QA/QC development and project implementation
- CCM is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating, and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- We offer a hybrid workplace which includes remote, hybrid, and in-office positions
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, President and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
ConstructionView all jobs at Volkert Inc
Get fresh Construction Firm jobs daily straight to your inbox!