Construction Manager - CEI
- Posted: over a month ago
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for a talented Construction Manager - CEI to support our West Central Region located in Indianapolis, IN.
Project Manager to work alongside Senior Project Manager to grow and lead a Construction Inspection Services practice to serve our growing market in the Indianapolis office. This position is responsible for complex construction inspection tasks as well as marketing, business development, client contact, and the growth of the Construction Inspection Services in the Indianapolis area.
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to: writing proposals, participating and/or leading interviews, performing contract negotiations, project work planning, coordinating with other project managers, supervising the execution of work, hiring and transitioning work to qualified staff, growing and mentoring staff, and acting as a positive role model.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepares a Project Execution Plan (PEP) that identifies the project team organization, identifies each specific task or phase and all work that must be performed to complete the project, outlines a schedule to ensure that the project can be completed on time, and develops an estimate and schedule of the manpower requirements needed to complete the project.
- Holds a project kick-off meeting to review the PEP with project team members.
- Ensures Quality Control reviews are taking place and documented.
- Notifies accounting when the project is ready for the closure cycle and ensures all files and documents are retained in accordance with corporate policy.
Project Monitoring and Review
- Is responsive and maintains direct contact with clients on a continuing basis to discuss technical and scheduling issues.
- Responsible for management of subordinate staff on project assignments and maintaining staff and project schedules.
- Responsible for budget management including tracking accruals vs percent complete vs estimates to complete, managing scope changes through executed client contract modifications.
- Conducts project staff meetings to review progress and further communication and coordination within the team.
- Participates in the month end project review conducted by the Regional Manager.
- Prepares and issues a monthly project progress report, as required.
- Reviews Revenue Summary Reports monthly, including the status of A/R and WIP.
- Evaluates the effect of scope changes on project budgets and schedules, then negotiates with the client to increase fees required to accommodate such scope changes as necessary.
- Reviews, approves, and provides necessary documentation for invoicing in a timely manner. Maintains client accounts.
What you need to have:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent or Have passed all 6 parts of the INDOT Certified Technician Program exams
- 10 - 15 years of experience in Construction Inspection for Heavy Civil and Transportation construction
- Vast INDOT experience is required
- Proficiency with INDOT’s Construction Records Application or SiteManager construction management software
- IN PE is desired
- Experience in Bridge and Highway construction projects with demonstrated knowledge of contractor means and methods
- Demonstrated experience in QA/QC development and project implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of project controls, including CPM scheduling, cost estimating, contract administration, and change order and claims analysis
- Experience in Design Build projects, either with a Contractor or Consultant CM Team is a plus but not a requirement
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
The words from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas A. Hand, PE, capture best how you can make an impact while working for Volkert.
“For nearly a century, Volkert has done meaningful work that improves our infrastructure and quality of life. With our commitment to employee ownership and sustainable growth, you can build a career here that really makes a difference.”
– Thomas A. Hand, PE, President and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
ConstructionView all jobs at Volkert Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?