Volkert Inc Franklin, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
“We are proud to have been doing business the right way since 1925. If you’re wanting to join a well-established company that values its employees and works on innovative, difference-making projects, you’re in the right place.”
– David A. Allsbrook, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert—a Top 100 design firm—is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Design + Engineering
Planning + Environmental
Program + Construction Management
Volkert is searching for a CEI Inspector or Senior CEI Inspector to support our West Gulf region in Franklin, TN.
Are we the road to your future?
The successful candidate will perform technical duties supporting engineers and other professionals in the administration of highway construction. Such areas include, construction inspection, project roadway/structure inspection, materials testing, project surveying, and program/regulatory compliance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspection for compliance with contract documents, standards, and specifications
- Testing of materials; review of plans; analysis of engineering-related data; and construction survey/layout.
- Keeping daily diaries on project operations, resolves daily constructability issues and trouble shoots problems to mitigate delays to contractor’s progress
- Monitors contractor's daily operations and performs and/or reviews test reports to ensure that all work and materials conform to specifications, plans and contractual
provisions. Also monitors utility relocation efforts by inspecting and tracking relocation work
- Documenting pay records, performing construction calculation, and computer/iPad entry
- Anticipates contractual problems and advises supervisor of the need for plan revisions, supplemental agreements, or other contract adjustments to improve safety,
timely delivery and/or quality of delivered product.
- Ensures compliance with TDEC, EPSC requirements, and that all work performed in permitted areas, is done in accordance with the permits.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates work with contractors, subcontractors, utility owners, and property owners to minimize delays and disturbances while
maximizing progress of the projects.
- Perform acceptance testing of materials and inputs test results into various computer data bases.
What you need to have:
- Associate's degree in an applicable area of Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or a related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution is preferred
- 1+ years of progressive inspection level experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including but not limited to walking, climbing, balancing, kneeling, and standing.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required
- Must apply safety philosophy and program to all operations.
To be a successful Volkert CEI Inspector, you must possess the following characteristics:
- A Brand Ambassador for the company who engages and provides Diversity & Inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivating to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Volkert Inc