Volkert Inc Bentonville, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
“We are proud to have been doing business the right way since 1925. If you’re wanting to join a well-established company that values its employees and works on innovative, difference-making projects, you’re in the right place.”
– David A. Allsbrook, PE, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Volkert—a Top 100 design firm—is committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service:
Design + Engineering
Planning + Environmental
Program + Construction Management
We are currently searching for a talented Bridge Engineer to support our West Gulf Region located in Little Rock, AR or Northwest Arkansas.
Are we the road to your future?
The ideal candidate will support the engineering team’s development of construction bid documents and assist with business development activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform calculations and analysis for designing bridge and transportation structures using various bridge design software programs.
- Perform load ratings on bridges of various type size and complexity.
- Review calculations and design details developed by others.
- Attend meeting with clients and other professionals and organizations.
- Develop solutions to challenges presented by the client within budget, schedule and project constraints.
- Review shop drawings and other construction related submittals.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Quantity take-off for bridge project engineer’s estimate.
- Lead or assist structure inspections and prepare inspection reports.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Master of Engineering preferred, but not required
- 4+ years of engineering experience in bridge design
- ARDOT experience is preferred but not required.
- PE is preferred, FE is required.
- Skilled in the use of MicroStation
- Technical expertise for the layout & design of bridges and related highway structures
- Familiarity with rehabilitation of existing bridges and highway structures
- Knowledge of AASHTO and other pertinent bridge design specifications.
To be a successful Volkert Bridge Engineer, you must possess the following characteristics:
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written
If you share our passion to serve clients, the public, our employees, constituents, and our profession, we invite you to apply!
Volkert does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.
ConstructionView all jobs at Volkert Inc