Senior Systems Engineer - Reliability
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Volant Partners
Volant Partners provides business and engineering consulting services to companies across the United States. We thrive by solving complex problems with a focus on regulated industries. We best serve our customers by attracting and retaining the very best consultants. Consequently, we have structured ourselves as an employee-owned company. Volant Partners was founded in 2021 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Volant Partners, Inc is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with strong Reliability background to assist our clients with the development and deployment of their future products. Responsibilities will vary by client project, but the selected candidate will be the Reliability technical focal within a multifunctional engineering team. The candidate will contribute to areas such as the development and management of system requirements, requirements analysis, definition and decomposition, technical project management, integration, and technical issue resolution. Selected candidates will use their technical depth of systems engineering knowledge to perform these tasks and introduce best practices and processes into our clients with focus on quality and safety. Successful candidates will be self-starters and decision makers that are comfortable in new situations where success is dependent on quickly understanding client challenges and addressing them.
This individual must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively with different engineering disciplines, project and client leadership.
This position will be a hybrid of remote (working from home) and onsite work. We are seeking candidates in Southern California or candidates willing to relocate to Southern California.
- Specific technical experience in Reliability Engineering
- Requirements development and management
- Develop operational procedures and processes improvement
- Act as a technical integrator and coordinate different functions including vendors and suppliers in support of the program goals
- Develop and document system architecture
- Participate in technical and programmatic customer interactions
- Lead and manage criteria for design discussions, project reviews, gate reviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8+ years of engineering or consulting experience
- A consultative mindset and strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations) to work directly with client multidisciplinary teams to solve problems and advance client’s objectives
- Proven systems engineering and problem-solving skills in an integrated team environment
- Proven track record of managing time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to define high level requirements and understand the implications and impacts to low level component specifications
- Ability to make decisions and execute to the plan
- Experience with requirements development and management tools
- Experience developing and decomposing system, subsystem, and component models to derive product architectures
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Data Management (Windchill)
- Ability to earn the trust of clients and influence leadership and key technical resources
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers
- Maintains positive and professional relationships and promotes an environment of teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment
- Available to be onsite at client facilities as needed
- Must be a US Person - U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience working in regulated industries such as defense, aerospace and automotive
- Experience working in a consulting or engineering services company
- Experience with certification processes (in regulated industries) from planning through acceptance
- Technical education or experience in space vehicle engineering disciplines
- Experience using industry leading PLM tools (PTC Windchill)
- Experience using industry leading requirements management tools (DOORS DNG, Polarion, JAMA, etc.)
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile principles
- Knowledge of AS 9100 or ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials Management processes
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Partner Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.