Senior Systems Engineer - Avionics
- Over a month ago
About Volant Partners
Volant Partners provides business and engineering consulting services to companies across the United States. We thrive by solving complex problems with a focus on regulated industries. We best serve our customers by attracting and retaining the very best consultants. Consequently, we have structured ourselves as an employee-owned company. Volant Partners was founded in 2021 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Volant Partners, Inc is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with strong Avionics Hardware and Software background to assist our clients with the development and deployment of their products. Responsibilities will vary by client project, but the selected candidate will contribute to areas such as the development and definition of HLSR, requirements elicitation and decomposition, verification activities and activity diagrams creation and interpretation.
Successful candidates will use their deep knowledge in systems engineering combined with their great sense of organizational skills to successfully manage complex projects and drive results. We are looking for self-starters and decision makers that are comfortable in new situations where success is dependent on quickly understanding client challenges and addressing them.
This individual must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively with different engineering disciplines, project and client leadership.
This position will be a hybrid of remote (working from home) and onsite work, and we are seeking candidates in the greater Seattle area or candidates who are willing to relocate to the Seattle area.
- Author technical specifications
- Requirement elicitation, decomposition, allocation and traceability
- Avionics Software/Hardware Integration and verification activities
- Create and Interpret activity diagrams
- Use system architecture and functional diagrams to derive requirements
- Participate in processes improvement
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, electrical, computer science or related technical course of study
- Minimum of 8+ years of engineering or consulting experience
- A consultative mindset and strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations) to work directly with client multidisciplinary teams to solve problems and advance client’s objectives
- Proven systems engineering and problem-solving skills in an integrated team environment
- Proven track record of managing time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to define high level requirements and understand the implications and impacts to low level SW specifications
- Ability to make decisions and execute to the plan
- Experience with requirements development, management and traceability
- General knowledge of other engineering disciplines and how they relate to systems engineering
- Experience developing and decomposing system, subsystem, and component models to derive product architectures
- Experience with Activity Diagrams
- Ability to earn the trust of clients and influence leadership and key technical resources
- Maintains positive and professional relationships and promotes an environment of teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment
- Available to be onsite at client facilities as needed
- Must be a US Person - U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience with Control Software or System Safety
- Experience working in regulated industries such as defense, aerospace
- Experience working in a consulting or engineering services company
- Experience with certification processes (in regulated industries) from planning through acceptance
- Technical education or experience in space vehicle engineering disciplines
- Experience with system development, testing and integration, including planning, definition of acceptance criteria, and development of test cases and procedures to support component verification
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering tools and techniques (MagicDraw / Cameo)
- Experience using industry leading PLM tools (PTC Windchill)
- Experience using industry leading requirements management tools (DNG, Polarion, JAMA, etc.)
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA
- Knowledge of DO-178, DO-254, ARP-4754 and ARP-4761
- Knowledge of AS 9100 or ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is currently $121,000 to $152,000 based on current market data. Actual compensation will depend on the successful candidates’ work location, qualifications, skills, and depth of experience. As an employee-owned company, the total compensation for this position will include Stock Options and eligibility for the Utilization, VP Accelerator and Profit-Sharing bonus programs. Our comprehensive benefits include 401k matching; medical, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible spending accounts; life and disability insurance; and a generous company contribution to an HSA account. Employees will also receive 15 days paid vacation and 10 days paid sick leave each year, as well as 12 paid holidays scheduled throughout the calendar year.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?