Advisory Systems Engineer - Avionics
About Volant Partners
Volant Partners provides business and engineering consulting services to companies across the United States. We thrive by solving complex problems with a focus on regulated industries. We best serve our customers by attracting and retaining the very best consultants. Consequently, we have structured ourselves as an employee-owned company. Volant Partners was founded in 2021 and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Volant Partners, Inc is seeking an Advisory Systems Engineer to assist our clients with the development and deployment of their avionics software product. Responsibilities will vary by client project, but the selected candidate will contribute to areas such as requirements development and the streamlining of requirement content within the software design and definition document, support to the software interface control documents, requirements definition and decomposition, technical project management, support to systems architecture design, integration, verification, and technical issue resolution.
As subject matter experts, selected candidates will use their depth of systems engineering knowledge to perform these tasks and introduce best practices into our clients. Successful candidates will be self-starters that are comfortable in new situations where success is dependent on quickly understanding client challenges and addressing them.
This individual must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively with different engineering disciplines, project, and client leadership.
While this position is mostly remote (working from home) there will be some on-site client work at times, so we are only seeking candidates in the greater Seattle area.
- Author and manage technical specifications
- Support SW and SW ICD (Interface control documents)
- Lead SW specifications transition from DOORS DNG to JAMA and support post transfer related maintenance activities
- Ownership of Low level systems requirements
- Knowledgeable in C coding to ensure LLSR are correctly mapped to various functions
- Build a traceability matrix and create correct linkages
- Requirement elicitation, decomposition, allocation and traceability
- Integration and verification activities
- Develop and document system verification plans
- Develop operational procedures and processes improvement
- Develop and document system architecture
- Perform technical studies to solve issues or perform trades
- Lead and manage criteria for design discussions, project reviews, gate reviews, etc.
- May lead and mentor more junior engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science or related technical course of study
- Minimum of 10+ years of engineering or consulting experience
- A consultative mindset and strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentations) to work directly with client multidisciplinary teams to solve problems and advance client’s objectives
- Proven systems engineering and problem-solving skills in an integrated team environment
- Proven track record of managing time and resources to meet deadlines
- Experience with requirements development, management and traceability
- Experience with DOORS DNG and JAMA to support transition
- Knowledge of C language is desired to support requirements transition
- General knowledge of other engineering disciplines and how they relate to systems engineering
- Experience developing and decomposing system, subsystem, and component models to derive product architectures
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Requirements Management and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Tools.
- Ability to earn the trust of clients and influence leadership and key technical resources
- Maintains positive and professional relationships and promotes an environment of teaming and collaboration in a diverse work environment
- Available to be onsite at client facilities as needed
- Must be a US Person - U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience working in regulated industries such as defense, aerospace and automotive
- Experience working in a consulting or engineering services company
- Experience with certification processes (in regulated industries) from planning through acceptance
- Technical education or experience in space vehicle engineering disciplines
- Experience with system development, testing and integration, including planning, definition of acceptance criteria, and development of test cases and procedures to support component verification
- Experience in Systems Safety, FHA, functional Safety and FMECA processes
- Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering tools and techniques (MagicDraw / Cameo)
- Experience using industry leading PLM tools (PTC Windchill)
- Experience using industry leading requirements management tools (DNG, Polarion, JAMA, etc.)
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile principles
- Knowledge of AS 9100 or ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is currently $149,000 to $186,000 based on current market data. Actual compensation will depend on the successful candidates’ work location, qualifications, skills, and depth of experience. As an employee-owned company, the total compensation for this position will include Stock Options and eligibility for the Utilization, VP Accelerator and Profit-Sharing bonus programs. Our comprehensive benefits include 401k matching; medical, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible spending accounts; life and disability insurance; and a generous company contribution to an HSA account. Employees will also receive 15 days paid vacation and 10 days paid sick leave each year, as well as 12 paid holidays scheduled throughout the calendar year.
Powered by JazzHR
Volant PartnersRenton, WA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.