Vodastra Technologies is seeking a cable technician to join our team! You will be resolving cable related issues.
- Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related fields such as:
- Twisted Pair Copper dmarc extensions
- DS3 Coax with BNC dmarc extensions
- Installation of Cat 5e/6 Structured Cabling Systems according to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC
- Ability to connect to network hardware and the Internet using a laptop
- DSL modems, routers, NID splitters and DSL filters
- Identification of different types of voice and data circuits
- Installation of voice switches
- Installation of data network hardware
- 802.11a, b, g, n wireless technologies and surveys without mapping software
- 802.11 Wireless Access Point surveys using Mapping Software (i.e. Air Magnet) with the ability to provide coverage mapping reports
- T1 ckts, MPLS ckts, DSL ckts, DS3 Ckts
- POTS lines
- Wireless Access Points, Power over Ethernet (Installation)
- Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Skills Including: WLAN survey, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, programming, and replacing parts as need.
- Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failures.
- Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork.
- Must work well independently, as well as follow directions.
- Ability to handle more than one responsibility at a time.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Positive and professional demeanor
- This is coverage validation for the different areas. It is done by Ekahau or similar soft and presented graphically.
Tech MUST have his/her own tools and transportation.
VodastraWhite City, OR
TechnologyView All Vodastra Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.