Voca Health has immediate openings available for Ultrasound Tech professionals in Portland, OR!
- The function of the Ultrasonographer position within the Department of Diagnostic Imaging is to perform all phases of diagnostic medical sonography. These procedures include but are not necessarily limited to abdominal, OB/GYN, Breast, neurologic, small parts, noninvasive vascular and pediatric ultrasound procedures. The ultrasonographer promotes our client’ s mission statement by delivering high quality, cost effective, family-oriented service. This position helps to create a collaborative environment by integrating education, research and clinical leadership. Sonographers work with infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- 1 Imaging:
- Provides quality real time 2D, 3D, M Mode and doppler applications to acquire images with accuracy and efficiency, using optimal skills and knowledge of equipment.
- Documents and demonstrates knowledge and skill to evaluate normal /abnormal anatomy and any related pathologies for presentation to Radiologist.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in ultrasound physics.
- Exercises responsible judgment in recognizing and reporting significant situations relating to patient care.
- Performs portable procedures when needed.
- Prepares and instructs the patient for the diagnostic study using age appropriate communication skills.
- Optimizes each image during the examination to obtain the highest quality study with the least discomfort to the patient.
- Must be able to perform all ranges of exams after conpletion of technical competencies.
- Assists the physician in invasive and/or specialized procedures, such as amniocentesis, needle biopsy, localizations, and tumor masses, as directed. Continues to stay current in regards to new US technology hardware and software upgrades.
- 2 Documentation:
- Verifies complete documentation of all pertinent information to provide accurate and timely service to customers.
- Verifies and initials orders in patient chart, Responsibe for correctly identify patients by complying with Imaging dept. Patient Identification Policy. Labels images completely with patient demographics, position or other required documentation.
- Follows through with all aspects of scanning duties in order to provide effiient and timely completion of examinations with correct data entry, begin and complete with correct billing and verification that images are in PACS.
- 3 Personal & Patient Care and Safety:
- Provides for personal and patient care and safety using professional judgement in accordance with written standards to avoid injury to self and others. Responsible to adhere to all established JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals, and report errors or unsafe conditions to supervisor and the Event Reporting (Patient Safety Net).
- Follows universal precations for blood and body fluids, protecting patients and staff.
- Works in a safe manner by maintaining a clean work envireonment.
- Identifies and reports any issues for engonomic improvement to supervisor.
- Reports injuries to supervisor.
- 4 Effective use of resources:
- Assists in scheduling examinations and assists the receptionist in planning work schedules.
- Utilize the VIP patient transportation system to arrange for patient delivery, and call for lift team if assistance is needed.
- Assists with moving or transporting patients if needed.
- Participates in clinical research studies.
- Participates in teaching technical and clinical skills to sonography students and radiology residents.
- 5 Keeps equipment and work areas neat and clean.
- Maintains adequate par levels of all supplies.
- Performs quality control on diagnostic equipment and maintains a logbook for weekly entries as needed.
- 6 Professional Behavior:
- Practices professional communications, appearance, conduct, punctuality, attendance and attitude that leads to physician, patient, and co-worker respect and confidence.
- Explains the procedure to the patient to assure clear answers to their questions and concerns to allay any anxiety and assure patient confidence.
- Demonstrates flexibility with workload with a positive and supportive attitude, and handles stressful situations in ways that promote positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates flexibility to accommodate unit workload.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain current in education (journals, books, inservices seminars, etc.) in all areas assigned.
- Person needs to be registered in Abdominal and OB, with peds and Breast experience
- Graduate of an approved diagnostic medical sonography course that meets current qualifications to apply for and take ARDMS board examinations.
- Candidates must be American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) registered in OB/GYN.
- Must have current approved BLS Card.
- Must be licensed with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging
- Days with variable start times 8: 00 am to 4: 30 pm or 8: 30 am to 5: 00 pm
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work