Staff Nurse Home Therapies
Voca Emeryville, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Staff Nurse Home Therapies professionals in Emeryville, CA!
- The Staff Nurse functions as a coordinator of patient care collaborating with other care providers and health team members to provide required care.
- The Staff Nurse acts as a patient teacher and advocate, assisting the patient in seeking information, assuring the patient has the opportunity for informed consent for treatment decisions, and promotes the maximum level of patient desired independence.
- The Staff Nurse actively participates in professional role development activities including continuing education, quality assessment and improvement, and the review and clinical application of research findings.
- The Staff Nurse develops ethically sound practice and confronts ethical challenges through application of the Nephrology Nursing Standards of Practice and Standards of Care.
- All work performed by the Staff Nurse is under the direct supervision of on premises Charge Nurse.
- The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Employees must abide by all standards of patient care, patient’ s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
- Observes and records patient’ s responses to renal failure and its treatments; performs thorough patient assessments as evidenced by documentation and feedback to the Charge Nurse.
- Awareness of the general course of all patients on the shift, as well as the general condition of all patients in the unit; draws upon this knowledge to individualize treatments.
- Administers ordered medications per SHC procedures; understands and teaches principles of safe dosage in ESRD, including the reason for giving medication and possible side effects.
- Obtains laboratory specimens as ordered and performs routine tests.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the implications of common lab results as they apply to the ESRD patient; confers with experienced Charge Nurse, dietitian and physician about abnormal findings.
- Current CPR certification, required.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice, required.
- 40 Hours/Week
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work
HealthcareView all jobs at Voca