Voca Health has immediate openings available for Medical Assistant professionals in Portland, OR! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Marcus Olivera at email@example.com and call 952-303-8117. Thanks!
Department Specific Information:
- This position will be supporting COVID-19 testing efforts at mobile vaccination & testing sites, as well as, assist with COVID-19 testing projects.
- The Medical Assistant provides a wide range of clinical and non-clinical support duties as part of the medical care team.
- The team includes various providers, residents, fellows, technicians, as well as additional learners and professionals within in the practice.
- The person in this position functions within the Medical Assistant Scope of Practice and adheres to the MA Standard Work expectations as defined.
- Primary duties of this position are; rooming of patients, collecting patient vital signs, point of care testing, documentation in IHR, maintaining clinic flow, stocking exam rooms, assisting with procedures and treatments.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication with efficiency and diplomacy.
- Service excellence, kindness, and compassion to all customers, including patients and other team members is an absolute requirement.
- Participates in ongoing professional development and competency assessment, and participates in ongoing quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs requirements for staff members as outlined in Core Competencies, policies, and procedures.
- Word structure ( root, prefixes, suffixes)
- Standard medical abbreviations and symbols
- Accurate spelling
- Applied Mathematics
- Calculate conversions (i.e. kilograms to pounds, liters to ounces, Celsius to Fahrenheit)
- Calculate dosages
- Ability to use flow charts and recognize mathematical trends
- Universal precautions
- Personal protective equipment
- Sterilization procedures
- MSDS expectations
- Observation and direct measurement
- Data collection (orthostatic vitals)
- Medication administration (oral, SC, IM, ID, rectal, vaginal, topical)
- CLIA waived testing
- Age specific competency
- Minor procedure assistance
- Wound care, suture/staple removal
- Comprehension of scope
- Adherence to standard work
- Blood draws (venous, capillary)
- Point of care competency for CLIA waived tests
- Other diagnostic tests (i.e. ECG, PFT)
- Basic drug calculations and metric conversions
- Safe preparation and administration
- Identify and define drug categories
- Legal prescription requirements based on drug schedules and classes
- Knowledge of DEA regulations
- Familiarity with PDR
- Know common drugs and their classifications/side effects
- AMA Patient Bill of Rights
- Consent laws
- Confidentiality and disclosure laws
- State and Federal regulations applicable to health care
- Stocks rooms with supplies and instruments
- Takes inventory of supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Orders supplies or requisitions them through unit superior.
- Cleans pre-post rooms between patients
- Provides high quality customer service to both external customers (patients and visitors) and internal customers that meets or exceeds the service standards of the health care industry. This position serves as a facilitator of patient flow.
- This includes prompt and professional communication efforts and face-to-face customer contact skills.
- Keeps patient and family informed of procedure status both pre and post start and end times.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Collaborate with providers
- Answers phones and responds to non-medical questions; files and retrieves patient records; scans unit documents for regulatory compliance; runs errands such as delivering specimens to the lab or picking up medication at pharmacy; transports equipment to other locations as needed.
- Successfully completes the required EMR training and core competency assessment before or during the trial service period.
- Completes all required updated modules.
- Maintains core competencies and demonstrates continuous application of these skills throughout the period of employment.
- Insurance terminology
- Cash handling
- Computer skills
- Data entry
- Integrated health record (IHR)
- Other duties as assigned by management that is within the MA scope of practice
- Monday to Friday 8 am to 4: 30 pm
Voca: The Spirit of Work