Voca Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Voca Health has immediate openings available for ICU RN professionals in Minneapolis, MN! Contact Kaley Fuller (952) 303-8105 and email current CV to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performs advanced monitoring using current technology
- Effective Behaviors:
- Safely employs (sets-up, utilizes and trouble shoots) the following monitoring devices;
- Arterial lines
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Invasive and non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Critically evaluates accuracy of data collected.
- Formulates nursing interventions based upon data obtained from patient monitoring
- Manages complex medication and infusion therapies
- Safely administers the following medications and infusions guided by knowledge of the indications, contraindications, side effects, normal dosages and method of delivery.
- Cytotoxic agents
- Fluid and electrolye replacement
- Blood products (FFP, Platelets, Cryo, Albumin)
- Adjusts the patient’ s plan of care following the evaluation of patient’ s response to the infusion.
- Care for patient undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/interventions on the unit.
- Performs the following for the procedures listed below.
- Educates the patient and family regarding the procedure/intervention.
- Prepares the patient emotionally and physically for the procedure/intervention.
- Monitors and evaluates the patient’ s response throughout the procedure/intervention.
- Assists other members of the healthcare team during the procedure/intervention.
- Provides appropriate follow-up care.
- Required qualifications:
- Minimum two years current medical surgical RN experience in a Hospital setting.
- Current MN License
- Preferred qualifications:
- One year pediatric or adult critical care experience
- Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Critical thinking skills
- Design and implement an effective nursing care plan as it relates to this patient population
- Knowledge and skills related to care of intravenous cardiac medications
- Knowledge and skills related to critical care technology
- Knowledge and skills related to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed on the unit.
- Knowledge and skills related to ECG interpretation and management of dysrhythmias
- Knowledge and skills related to managing patients with invasive monitoring lines
- Knowledge of ethics
- Knowledge of infection, rejection and Immunosuppression therapy for the solid organ transplant patient.
- Knowledge of patient learning needs and adult learning principles.
- Knowledge of the nursing process
- Knowledge of the physiological or psychological human response to alterations homeostatic condition.
- Knowledge of transitions in life planning
- Nursing theory and practice
- Patient assessment and critical thinking skills as it relates to this patient population
- Certification by the American Association of Critical Care Nursing.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work