Contract Opportunity in Portland Oregon for a Licensed CT Technologist.
This position is with a Portland household name in Healthcare.
As their newest CT Technologist you will support the Department of Diagnostic Imaging by providing the highest quality images possible in accordance with policies and procedures.
Requirements for role:
- Graduate of an AMA approved training program in Radiologic Techology
- Proficient in IV/Angio Cath starts and administration of rapid injection of contrast.
- Demonstrate specific normal anatomy and abnormal pathology by the use of scan techniques, reconstruction, and 3D reformations.
- Understand complex Multi-slice CT Imaging with the ability to implement very complex imaging parameters
- Current ARRT license with CT Certification
- Current BLS
As a CT Technologist your primary responsibilities will be:
- Provides quality multi-slice computed CT applications to acquire exams with accuracy and efficiency, using optimal skills and knowledge of equipment.
- Documents and demonstrates knowledge and skill to evaluate normal /abnormal anatomy and any related pathologies for presentation to the Radiologist.
- Exercises responsible judgment in recognizing and reporting significant situations relating to patient care.
- Prepares and instructs the patient for the diagnostic study using age appropriate communication skills.
- Verifies complete documentation of all pertinent information to provide accurate and timely service to customers.
- Responsible for correctly identify patients by complying with Imaging dept.
- Follows through with all aspects of scanning duties in order to provide efficient and timely completion of examinations with correct data entry, begin and complete with correct billing and verification that images are in PACS.
- Implements the correct types of contrast and injection factors on a case-by-case basis
Personal & Patient Care and Safety
- Provides for personal and patient care and safety using professional judgment in accordance with written standards to avoid injury to self and others.
- Responsible to adhere to all established JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals, and report errors or unsafe conditions to his/her Supervisor/Manager and the Hospital Event Reporting (Patient Safety Net).
- Follows universal precautions for blood and body fluids, protecting patients and staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this CT Technologist opportunity apply with your resume today!!