Hours 9:00pm - 7:30am Fri-Mon and 11:30pm - 8:00am Sun-Thurs and 11:30pm - 8:00pm Tues-Sat and possible day hours
• Responsible for the emergency repair and on-going maintenance required to ensure the optimum performance of the user’s electronic and hardware systems.
• Troubleshoot electromechanical problems on all equipment.
• Basic Networking experience and advanced PC
• Conduct training on all assigned equipment.
• Respond to customer-initiated service calls as directed.
• Independently troubleshoot and repair equipment problems.
• Perform repair of sub-assemblies.
• Perform preventive maintenance and equipment installation.
• Identify defective or marginal components.
• Repair/replace components.
• Assist with equipment rebuilds.
• Perform assigned inventory control duties as directed; accurately log all parts issues
• Maintain all manuals, tools and test equipment.
• May also research, develop and deploy new technologies to increase customer capabilities.
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Basic leadership skills needed for leading small teams and decision making
• Experience in teaching, training or development experience.
• Effective listening, problem solving and facilitation.
• Mentoring other team members to increase capability, efficiency, and thought process.
• Flexible hours to be able to move around and address problem areas.
• Must be able to identify improvements across process, and technology
• Escalation with the Shift Supervisor and part of the escalation process.
Scope of Job
• Must ensure cost savings initiatives are occurring to reduce the amount of liability in regards to parts costs. This is accomplished through outsourcing initiatives.
• Respond to operator placed service calls and effect repairs.
• Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
• Conduct technical training classes for defined product groups.
• Define cost savings and equipment modification opportunities.
• Perform application configuration and optimization of systems
• Work with customers daily to ensure optimal performance of the equipment to their satisfaction
• Associate's Degree in Electronics (or equivalent educational background, i.e., military technical schools) required.
• Minimum 18 months as a Customer Engineer or equivalent work experience required.
• Strong electromechanical troubleshooting skills
• Able to handle, operate, maintain, manipulate, and adjust, assigned equipment as necessary.