********No C2C, Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder for Security Clearance ***********
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for Business Systems Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD!
- This position is responsible for the technical delivery of a data mining/data warehousing (Business Analytics) product solution to end users in the banking financial services industry. The individual oversees all technical aspects of the product and works directly with internal Clients to provide support and installation and technical implementations for the product. The position is responsible for researching/resolving critical problems to ensure a high level of Client satisfaction and retention.
- 1. *Oversees all technical aspects of the data mining/data warehousing (Business Analytics) products offering including ad-hoc reports writing, internal customer support/troubleshooting, setup, installation, training, upgrades, advanced support, daily monitoring, troubleshooting and daily processing/daily updates.
- 2. *Tracks and monitors daily processing and troubleshoots daily processing issues to ensure client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Ensures daily updates, jobs & tasks are completed in accordance with client expectations and commitments.
- 3. *Completes department cross-training as required to ensure familiarity with the servers, databases and applications used to deliver the product solution to end users.
- 4. *Answers technical questions related to the product in order to support the sales staff, Account Managers, Service Managers and Client Services staff.
- 5. *Provides technical support to resolve client issues.
- 6. *Assists client services team with troubleshooting report writing errrors, connectivity issues and program errors.
- 7. *Maintains outstanding issues list ensuring outstanding issues receive regular follow up and the status is tracked and updated regularly.
- 8. *Assists in the planning and design of products throughout all stages of the product life cycle.
- 9. *Research new product ideas or enhancements to existing products.
- 10. *Provide product support to internal departments and external clients upon special request.
- 11.*Recommend new product ideas.
- 12.*Work with other internal departments to effectively market products.
- 13. *Simulates or recreates customer problems to resolve user operating difficulties.
- 14. *Discusses problems or inquiries with other department personnel and offers technical assistance and insures proper handling and follow-up.
- 15.*Assists the Client Services team with researching and investigating the technical portion of customer suggestions for enhancements and insures proper handling and follow-up.
- 16.*Documents problems and corrective procedures.
- 17.*Works with development personnel to determine problem solutions.
- 18. *Attends on-going training to achieve level of technical skill needed to solve more complex problems.
- 19. Perform other duties as required.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Job Related Experience: Minimum of five years work-related experience. Must be able to make decisions, resolve problems using experience and professional judgment, follow specific instructions, perform repeatable technical product implementations, manage multiple implementation projects simultaneously and possess effective multi-tasking skills. Must show a demonstrated work history of learning technical software applications, processes and procedures as well as performing technical product implementations.
- Work well with others
- Have strong communications skills (verbal and written) with special attention to technical content
- Have effective problem solving skills
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Possess strong retention skills
- Have analytical problem solving ability
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Windows servers, including hardware and software
- Be able to take ownership of job duties & responsibilities as well as work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Prefer experience with:
- Microsoft SQL 2008 & higher
- Microsoft SQL Query Language
- Microsoft Server 2012 & higher
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- FTP file movements and file transmissions
- Working knowledge of network connectivity including basic connectivity troubleshooting
- Technical product implementations (includes SQL DBA & Windows Server administration functions)
- Automated file processing
- A wide variety of 3rd party programs and applications
- Previous experience with our client's Premier, Premier Business Analytics, Premier Business Information Manager (BIM), Premier Prime, Premier Prime Plus, Premier Viewpoint,
- IBM/Cognos Business Intelligence, Cognos Impromptu, Cognos Powerplay, Cognos Report Net, other 3rd party data mining/data warehousing applications and products or previous experience in banking or financial services industry also preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science and/or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Standard office hours
At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.
We work throughout the United States, with our corporate office based in Rochester, Minnesota.
Whether you are seeking to advance your career, follow a new calling, or add the right people to your organization, we are here to help.
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Why Work Here?Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose. We work throughout the United States, with our corporate office based in Rochester, Minnesota. Whether you are seeking to advance your career, follow a new calling, or add the right people to your organization, we are here to help. Voca: The Spirit of Work
We are energetic and driven. We are passionately committed to our vision. We communicate openly, consistently, and respectfully.