Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Vizrt San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NewTek is part of the Vizrt Group!
Vizrt, the world's leading provider of visual storytelling tools for media content creators, acquired NewTek in April 2019. The acquisition creates the largest company in the broadcast space dedicated to enabling IT-based video production.
This position is available in the NewTek headquarters located in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
As a shipping and receiving clerk, you will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment by performing the following duties. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk ensures that finished goods are retrieved from production, stored, and loaded for outbound shipments. Other responsibilities include managing the inventory of finished goods and packaging supplies and supporting other business functions as required.
What You'll Do
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines the method of shipment
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers
- Inserts items into containers
- Binds containers with tape, stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers
- Posts weights and shipping charges and affixes postage
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Routes items to departments
- Reviews outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintains the inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Ensure all shipping documents are created and maintained accurately. Perform inventory cycle counts in the Finished Goods Warehouse. Correct and follow-up on any inventory discrepancies in these areas.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in the Shipping area.
- Perform shipping functions as needed, including driving a forklift.
- Ensure and promote compliance to company safety guidelines as well as policies and procedures.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift and/or carry various products and materials to and from shelving units and packing tables up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift driving experience – acquire or maintain forklift license on required equipment
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Must be able to use computer programs to coordinate orders, shipping, and tracking information. MS Office suite.
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Fair understanding of 5S
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
What We Offer:
- We offer an exciting opportunity in an expanding international company with the potential for personal growth
- A caring environment with regular feedback and personal development
- Excellent time off programs
- A friendly and welcoming work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- We utilize innovative software development technologies and methodologies
- We create software and services that push creative boundaries and develop new ways of telling stories.
- Benefits include health, dental, and 401K.
Across Vizrt Group, we all work to with our shared purpose in mind; to deliver more stories, better told.
We believe that stories have the power to impact not just the audience but also the teller. A well-crafted and well-delivered story can change the world. We strive and innovate to deliver the best software-defined visual storytelling tools to the world's storytellers across broadcast, media, public service, enterprise, not-for-profit, education, health, houses of worship, in fact wherever there is a need to educate, entertain or inform. Because that is what stories do, it's why they are important.
4 billion humans see the stories that our customers tell every day. So, for us, diversity is not an optional objective; it is a simple reality. Our customers' customers are diverse; our customers are diverse, Vizrt Group gains strength from being diverse.
We indeed hold our diversity to be essential, it is something we continuously nourish and pay attention to, but it is not something we take for granted. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We champion inclusion, and we value each other's stories, and we relish their telling.
The stories we tell are unique. We'd love to hear yours.
Click here to read about our online privacy and personal data policies.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Vizrt