Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for supporting and leading projects to drive improvements to advance Safety, Quality, and Productivity in Viwinco Plant operations that contribute towards improving Quality and Manufacturing efficiencies. The CI Engineer will be a Team Player and develop strong relationships throughout the organization and promote consistent approach to Continuous Improvement.
· Work under the direction of the Quality Director to strategically implement Lean Manufacturing initiatives in the Plant to continually improve the production processes.
· Coordinate with external suppliers to ensure equipment and consumables used are appropriate to the operations and are the most efficient solution.
· Monitor and analyze performance of processes and implement improvements to meet KPI targets.
· Contribute to the 5S initiative to ensure that improvements are sustained and become part of daily operations within the organization.
· Lead and/or support larger improvement projects and project teams and promote team member involvement to create and sustain improvement.
· Apply knowledge of product design, production and business processes to proactively identify improvement opportunities across operations.
· Support continuous improvement systems that lead to a future state design and sustainable processes.
· Additional duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent education.
· 3+ years’ experience in a Mechanical manufacturing environment.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and documentation/reporting skills.
· Demonstrable knowledge of implementing lean manufacturing/continuous improvement.
· Six Sigma Green Belt qualification, is desirable.
· Attention to detail which will allow the identification of weak points in processes and operations.
· Ability to overcome problems and obstacles to meet project timelines and cost reduction initiatives.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as presentation skills.
· Ability to think strategically and analytically.
· Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
For over thirty-five years, Viwinco has been manufacturing custom-made, high-performance, beautiful windows and patio doors. Our replacement, new construction, and impact-resistant products are designed and engineered in house from premium-quality materials. We oversee every step of the process - from cutting custom sized window panes to hand-washing each window or door before it leaves our facility. Drawing on a work ethic passed down through generations, our family-owned and operated business provides exemplary service, short lead times, and the personalized attention that has made our name one of the most trusted in the industry.
851 Hemlock Road MorgantownMorgantown, PA