Customer Service, Alarm Monitoring Specialist - Eagan, MN
Vivint.SmartHome Eagan, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Vivintis a leading smart home company in North America. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support.With a professional team ofSmart Home Prosand24/7 customer care and monitoring,Vivint serves approximately 1.7 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Due to COVID-19, appropriate steps have been taken to protect our candidates, employees and customers.Currently we are offering candidates and employees the opportunity to work remotely temporarily. (Must meet Work-From-Home requirements to qualify)
Would you like to use your customer service skills to profoundly impact lives and receive customer testimonials like this?
Vivint dispatched the fire department and I ran to get our five young children out of the house .Vivint saved our lives
Id like to thank Vivint staff and the Monitoring Professional who scared the robbers out of my house.
Join our National Award Winning Alarm Monitoring team!Vivints Alarm Monitoring Specialist position is a great part-time or full-time position for anyone looking for a job in the Eagan, MN area. In a modern, state-of-the-art call center with a fun atmosphere, our Monitoring Specialists protect families and property 24/7. Our Monitoring Specialists take on very important roles to ensure the safety of our customers, including; (1) Properly respond to alarm signals from our customers alarm systems (2) Dispatch emergency signals to police, fire, and medical agencies. (3) Provide world-class customer service to our customers in their time of need.
WhyYoull Love Working Here:
- We offer free lunch to all employees working in office. Lunch will be available from a number of onsite food trucks and onsite vending.
People are Talking - Fast Company ranked us #22 on its list of the Worlds 50 Most Innovative Companies. Forbes named us one of Americas Best Employers and a Best Employer for Diversity. Were Great Place to Work Certified. PC Magazine, Digital Trends and many more recommend us. The list goes onhere.
Vivint Gives Back Helping people is core to our DNA Engage for Good recognized Vivint with the 2020 Gold Halo Award for group volunteerism.
Pure Innovation We have received multiple awards for innovation including being named among Fast Companys Worlds 50 Most Innovative Companies"
Work Your Way: We have modern, open floorplans that foster teamwork, as well as work-while-you-walk stations to invigorate mind and body, and the latest technology to help you be successful.
Resources for Success - Our most valuable assets are ouremployees,and each deserves the best. We offer industry-leading compensation, comprehensive benefits, an onsite medical clinic for employees and their families, as well as all the resources for building long-term career success.
Work Hard, Play Hard - Here at Vivint, not only will you do the best work of your career,but youll alsohave a lot of fun while doing it. Youll find table tennis, pool tables, foosball and shuffleboard across our campuses. Our full-service onsite gyms, full-size indoor basketball courts and outdoor sand volleyball court will add a spark to your day. After work, join us for private concerts by popular bands and musicians, summer carnivals and incentive trips to great locations.
Training: Paid, Mandatory 2 weeks (in-office)
Pay Increase: $16.00/hr after completed training (on average around 120 days) + Shift differentials + $2/hr-$3/hr bonus for top performers.Performance bonus is based on individual performance quality metrics. Additional $1.00 per hour for bi-lingual Spanish/English speakers.
Abbreviated list of amazing benefits:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid/unpaid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan + Employer Match
- Paid Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption Leave
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You must be able to complete a 2-week new hire training class on-site. Class runs Monday - Friday, after which employees are working temporarily from home with their own equipment (see work-from-home requirements below).
- Monitoring Specialists will have a thorough knowledge of alarms and how to access, handle, and disconnect signals.
- Verify, respond to, and dispatch on emergency signals.
- Notify customers of non-emergency signals.
- Notify responders of emergency signals after dispatch.
- Process basic data changes and updates to customer accounts.
- Receive and process inbound calls from agencies requesting information regarding emergency dispatches.
- Monitoring Specialists must be able to pass a background check as mandated by the states requiring registration/licensing.
- Position requires weekend, holiday, and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office applications, and the internet.
- World-class customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- One year customer service experience preferred, but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive training will be provided before taking emergency calls.
- Highly dependable with regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to provide your own equipment. This entails a computer (laptop or desktop) along with a headset equipped with a microphone. (Please note our remote-based software does NOT work with Apple/Mac products, tablets, or Chromebooks.)
- Must have reliable internet: 10 MBPS download and 5 MBPS upload speeds
- Be able to type a minimum of 35wpm
- Have a quiet and private location from which to work
- Understand you cannot be the primary caregiver for any children, other people, or pets while on shift.
- Understand this is a temporary situation and employees will be expected to transition into the Eagan office once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Vivint, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiringunder federal, state and local laws. We are a drug-free environment. We dont conduct pre-employment drug screening, however, we do conduct random drug testing on site.
#CallCenterIf you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".