We are in search of a Field Service Technician for our Beltsville MD office, who will work with the Field Service Electrician to perform field diagnostics and repairs on our solar projects.
Key Job Duties:
- Diagnose PV system issues, including non-operation and underperformance, then develop and administer a remediation
- Troubleshoot and resolve solar electric warranty and service issues that arise with: modules, inverters, and all system components to ensure maximum system performance
- Ensure a high degree of workmanship as service and warranty work are completed
- Comply with necessary safety standards to assure a safe workplace/condition
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of electrical experience
- 1+ years of solar-specific installation and/or service experience preferred
- Able to adapt to different computer programs
- Must be comfortable working on rooftops with the proper fall protection
- Physically able to lift 50lbs and perform duties such as climbing, lifting and working outside
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing residential solar panels preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws