Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves approximately 1.7 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Vivint was named to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” in 2020 and 2019, and to the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers” in 2018. The company has a strong commitment to philanthropy and received a 2020 Gold Halo Award from Engage for Good for group volunteerism. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah and has received multiple awards for innovation, including being named among Fast Company’s “World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.”
Field Service Professionals provide expert-level installation and services, while delivering the highest-caliber of customer service. Customers will rely on you to act with honesty and integrity as you offer what they have been looking for — peace of mind.
What you’ll do:
- Earn a competitive hourly wage and enjoy an unlimited commission plan.
- Become an expert on smart home technology by training on industry-leading products.
- Manage inventory and assets with a business owner mentality.
- Install, service, and troubleshoot cutting-edge smart home technology in customer homes.
- Control your own income by providing opportunities for customers to purchase additional products and services
- Leverage service and installation appointments into leads and revenue.
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Sales experience and/or field service experience is helpful.
- Current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Someone who thrives in a team environment and can also be trusted to work independently.
- Willingness to submit to a criminal background check.
- Willingness to submit to a pre-hire drug screen.
Physical demands of the job:
- Lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
- Climb ladders up to 14’.
- Work in attics and other limited-space areas.
- Bend, kneel, crouch and stand for long periods.
- Safety culture is strong at Vivint, and our team members complete a safety analysis of every work site
- Company vehicle and gas card.
- Cell phone and work tablet.
- All tools necessary to perform the job.
- 4/10 work schedule with home dispatch (clock in and out from your driveway each day).
- Ten paid holidays.
- Two weeks paid time off.
- Employee pricing on smart home products.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life coverage.
- 401(k) plan with matching.
Vivint Smart HomeWhy Work Here?
Purpose-driven work, competitive compensation, dynamic and fun work environment, growth and development opportunities.
Vivint is a leading smart home company in North America. Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.