Administers nursing care for and treats patients in medical office, as directed by Physician, Advanced Clinical Provider, Registered Nurse or supervising clinical manager, by performing the following duties.
- Prepares patient for and assists with examinations.
- Assist Provider with patient care
- Administers injections and medications, dresses wounds and incisions, provides accurate and consistent information to the patient using an established protocol, interprets Physician's instructions to patients, assists with emergency and minor procedures, and performs related tasks as directed.
- Collects patient data and maintains records of vital statistics and physiological/biological information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications.
- Conducts specified laboratory tests.
- Calling in/faxing prescriptions.
- Responsible to respond to/triage patient phone calls and messages.
- Educates patients and instructs on any medications, treatment plans, etc.
- Assists with procedures, injections, and wound care of patients
- May be asked to travel between locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Active CMA or RMA Certification from accredited association.
- Successfully completed and passed an accredited Associates Degree program in Medical Assisting.
- BLS/CPR Certification.
One year clinical experience
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Competencies
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Teamwork/Process Focus
- Interpersonal Relationships/Communication
- Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills/Time Management
- Specimen Collection
- Assessment Skills
- Phone Skills/Triage
- Equipment Use/Maintenance
- Computer Knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)