The Vituity Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today's complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers-we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the Vituity team, you'll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You'll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you'll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Medical Receptionist under the supervision of the Office Manager answers and screens all incoming phone calls. Respond to phone inquiries and correspondence with patients, family members, and insurance companies. Verifies insurance eligibility and ensures completion of all patient paperwork. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service and professional attitude at all times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to...
- Greet all patients in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls, take and give messages in a timely manner.
- Schedule appointments in computer.
- Process patient registration into computer screen.
- Distribute and verify accuracy of patient form completion.
- Call for back office assistance with patients in distress.
- Accurately post/document payments received.
- Collect co-pays, old balances and payments for services.
- Print up superbills.
- Collect payments for services rendered and discharge patients.
- Generate appropriate bills for patient upon request.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Verify insurance coverage / income.
- Maintain correct chart order.
- Attend and actively participate in all training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Process correspondence in "work to be done" bin in a timely manner.
- Maintain patient daily log.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile...
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience in a customer service position, or as a Medical Receptionist.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Numerical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Teamwork oriented and must have initiative.
- Legible note taking with correct spelling.
When you work at Vituity, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That's why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- A Culture of Caring : not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location : We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Vituity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment Type: Part-time