The Vituity Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today's complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers-we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the Vituity team, you'll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You'll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you'll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family-oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The assistant practice administrator works in partnership with the medical director, site physician partners, and advanced provider and scribe (if applicable) employees to provide all business operations support. Functions as the interface and front-line liaison for the provider team to support the medical director and site partners in providing uninterrupted patient care. Functions as the site operations liaison employing an extensive set of non-clinical business skills and functions to assist and support the site management team in managing the site operations, executing site initiatives and promoting the Vituity culture. Supports the growth and success of the site practice and the reputation of Vituity as a leader in Healthcare.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to...
- As appropriate to the site practice, act as the operational administrator for the site Vituity leadership and as the interface for the practice to the hospital and community.
- As appropriate to the site practice, act as the front-line liaison for the provider team with hospital C-Suite, nursing leadership, nursing staff, and Vituity support team.
- Provide administrative support to the site medical director and site management team to meet contract expectations.
- As appropriate to the site practice, provide support to the Medical Director and/or the Site Management Team with site financials to include, but not limited to, contract stipends, expense reimbursements, and site payroll timecards.
- Act as the super user for all Vituity software applications and as a point person for hospital software and hardware systems.
- As appropriate to site practice, provide support to Vituity providers acting as a percipient witness in criminal or civil disputes including, but not limited to, receiving and routing subpoenas, scheduling depositions and trial testimony as applicable, development of a provider fee schedule, and including malpractice carrier as appropriate.
- Provide office management to include, but not limited to, all aspects of meeting management, office systems, supplies, site events, and customer service
- As applicable to the practice line, facilitate all aspects of the daily patient census and attend daily multi-disciplinary rounds.
- As applicable to the site practice, responsible for all aspects of the site clinical schedules to ensure adequate coverage with no disruption to patient care.
- As applicable to site practice, collect and track all site financial and operational data.
- Provide administrative support of the site operational programs to include, but not limited to, Operations Meetings,
- Patient Experience Program, Quality/Performance Improvement Program, Advanced Provider and/or Scribe Programs, and Student or Resident rotations.
- Collaborate with Medical Director and/or Site Management Team to ensure all aspects of recruiting and on-boarding
- are completed for new providers and employees as well as locums and reservists and/or residents and students.
- Collaborate with Medical Director and/or Site Management Team to ensure all licensed providers are completing their recredentialing timely and appropriately for their licensing, certificates, and credentials required by Vituity and hospital Medical Staff Office.
- Collaborate with Medical Director and/or Site Management Team to ensure all site partners and employees remain in compliance with Vituity and hospital programs and other mandated training or requests.
- Act as the point person for all Vituity People Operations (Human Resources) relations to include, but not limited to, ensuring accurate site roster and assist with compliance of employment law and Vituity policies
- Collaborate with Medical Director and/or Site Management Team in developing and maintaining site orientation checklists and manuals.
- Collaborate with Medical Director and/or Site Management Team in developing and maintaining site practice policies and procedures.
- As applicable to practice line, responsible for all medical records and data submission to Revenue Cycle Management in a timely manner and responsible for appropriate charge capture in designated system, sending notices and follow up as appropriate.
- Ensure billing and documentation compliance through completion of site WIP/TAD lists, answering provider routine questions, and participating in the monthly meeting with Revenue Cycle Management billing team.
- Ensure completion of mandated forms and requests as appropriate to include, but not limited to, death certificates, physician office requests, State specific Workers Compensation and Motor Vehicle Department reporting compliance, and pharmacy requests.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Post-secondary education preferred, but not required
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative role. Healthcare or office management style role a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and business acumen.
- Self-starter with little need for direct supervision.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer systems.
- Comfortable with using multiple technologies for presentations, on line meetings and saving information to shared drives.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally, and in writing.
- Self-directed, motivated, and sensitive to deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
When you work at Vituity, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That's why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area for nine years. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
- Competitive benefits package : Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you've never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring : not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location : We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
Vituity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment Type: Part-time