Sr. Technical Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a growing Aerospace and Defense manufacturing company, Vitesse Systems thrive on investing in our employees and providing unlimited opportunities. We are dedicated to ensuring our employees grow, develop, and succeed at Vitesse Systems. While we pride ourselves on our solutions to our customers, we know we would never be successful without our dedicated teams. At Vitesse Systems, our core values, unified across our multiple locations, drive an environment of employee empowerment and innovation. Our management team enables this environment to promote collaboration and continuous learning throughout the organization.
Your New Role:
In working with Vitesse Systems, our Technical Support Specialist will provide helpdesk IT support to the organization. In addition, the Technical Support Specialist will support special projects as directed by the Infrastructure Manager.
Your Primary Day-to-Day tasks for a successful candidate would require you to:
- Act as 1st and 2nd Level Support for all user issues with a 90%+ successful resolution rate
- Create trouble tickets and work open tickets in the helpdesk queue
- Overcommunication to users on progress, status, and next steps
- Submit new KB articles for solved items that do not have one
- Ability to help users resolve client-side issues as well as understand and document systems/network issues
- Respond to customers promptly while providing VIP priority support
- New User Provisioning and assigning and updating user role permissions and modifications
- Aiding in Employee Exit Processing
- Troubleshoot issues, execute a course of action, test the issue to see if it is resolved, and reply back to the customer with the results
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues (switch, router, firewall, VLAN understanding)
- Basic server administration (Understanding errors, restarting of services, etc.)
- Troubleshoot OS and application issues
- Large Printer/Copier Troubleshooting
- Corporate Cell Phone Troubleshooting
- Network Troubleshooting
- Software Troubleshooting
- Database Troubleshooting
- Maintain knowledge of all proprietary tools and systems to ensure proper handling of customer issues
- Perform network and security monitoring
- Perform Monthly Patching
- Identify, evaluate and react to security threats
Policy, Training, and Process Creation
- Training End users on the use of technology and best practices
- Audit/Verify backups
- Perform user/license auditing
Other essential duties:
- Install/Move/Add/Change Computers and other Peripherals
- Occasionally run network cables
- Meaningful Contributor to IT projects
- Other essential duties as assigned.
What supervisory responsibilities does this role include? This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
What qualities make you a successful candidate? As our successful candidate, you will possess:
- Must be able to solve 90%+ of help desk tickets with little to no escalation.
- Proficient knowledge of an array of various technologies, that include:
- Active Directory, Office365, cyber security, PC hardware & software, virtualization, cloud, networks, routers, switches, TCP/IP, VLANs, VPN.
- Excellent customer service focus with excellent interpersonal skills, communication (written and verbal), and organization skills
- Knowledge of applications used by the company (ie: Office 365, ERP Software, Smartsheet, Salesforce, etc.)
- Strong Problem Solving / Troubleshooting Abilities with prior experience in a similar role with the ability to consistently resolve high levels of support requests.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with users and coworkers.
- A knack for quickly understanding various technology applications and systems.
- A continuous desire to learn the newest technology and trends.
What are the physical requirements for this role? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to stand, walk, and hear.
- Frequently use your hands and fingers; handle, feel, and reach with your hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description identifies the general nature and scope of work to be performed. Vitesse Systems, LLC. reserves the right to revise all or any part of this job description and to add or eliminate essential job functions at any time. Designation of any job duty as an essential function is not intended as an assurance or guarantee that a team member has any right to perform the particular job duty, except as required by Vitesse Systems Inc. This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the position and/or the company.
Vitesse Systems, LLC performs work controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These statutes require the protection of technical data and products. The regulations require that such data not be disclosed in written, oral, or visual form to any foreign national without prior export authorization from the Department of State. A foreign national is defined by the U.S. Government under EAR 734.2(b)(2)(ii) and 8 USC 110 (a)(20) as one who:
- Is not a United States citizen
- Is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
- Does not have politically protected status (embassy, refugee, or asylum)
- Has dual U.S. / foreign citizenship
Vitesse Systems, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Veterans / Disabled Employer
Through extensive technical and manufacturing expertise, Vitesse is optimizing the functionality of thermal management and communications systems. Vitesse is a leading supplier of complex cold plates, cooling systems, and waveguide components critical to the advancement of radar, electronic warfare, and communications systems.
Vitesse Systems prides itself on the solutions we provide to our customers, as well as the incredible team of dedicated people we employ. Vitesse Systems, founded in Newark, CA started as a single site which supported various industries and quickly grew into a leading manufacturer of brazed assemblies for the Aerospace and Defense industry.
8331 Bristol CtJessup, MD
Get fresh Investment Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.