Chief Human Resources Officer
- Expired: April 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Viterbo University invites applications for the Chief Human Resources Officer. Under the general direction of the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the CHRO is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction surrounding all human resources initiatives and priorities for the University. Overall management responsibilities include recruitment, retention, and employment services, benefits management and counseling, compensation, payroll, salary administration and classification, training and development, regulatory compliance and policy development, employee relations, student worker employment and payroll, and human resource information management. The CHRO manages a staff of four in support of approximately 350 full and part-time employees. This position is a full-time, 12-month, administrative position, eligible for all employee benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee department personnel functions; hire, train, supervise, coach and develop department employees; develop, manage and oversee department budget; monitor expenditures and funding availability; gather data and prepare reports
- Oversee (and, where appropriate and necessary perform directly) the development, maintenance, implementation of employee recruitment and employee relations functions for all employees (faculty, staff and students)
- Analyze laws, regulations, policies and contracts pertaining to human resources; ensure the university is in compliance; advise university administration and employees; provide effective communication of human resources procedures to university staff; consult with university counsel and other human resources to remain current in issues and changes
- Maintain classification and compensation plans including the origination and maintenance of job descriptions; implement appropriate salary schedules and the proper classification of new and revised positions; oversee salary placement and advancement; oversee all payroll processing for the University
- Oversee administration of university benefit plans, including medical, dental, life, long term disability, and retirement systems; consult with insurers, brokers and agents as applicable; schedule benefit orientations and educational sessions; act as liaison between employees and companies to facilitate planning and problem solving.
- Teams with senior leaders to assess organizational needs, develop improvement strategies, and design programs to implement these strategies; manages programs of professional and organizational development.
- Leads professional and organizational staff to design, develop, and conduct training and development programs for university staff.
- Oversee the payroll (including compensation budget) and HR data management
- Serves as Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field and substantial relevant experience necessary for this level of responsibility, with progressively responsible strategic HR leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in human resources management and supervision, and employee training and development
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit regulations governing Human Resources and payroll
- Strong management/ supervisory skills and ability to work effectively in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency and database management proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer-service skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Viterbo University is unable to sponsor or take over the sponsorship of the Employment Visa.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is expected to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment that is typical of this position.
To Apply: Please complete the online employment application form and upload a letter of interest, CV/resume, and three professional references.
Review of Application: The review of applications will start beginning mid-late April and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Contact: Alicia Wolfert, Senior HR Generalist, Human Resources, Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Dr. La Crosse, WI, 54601. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the University: Viterbo University is a Catholic, Franciscan, liberal arts institution with an enrollment of nearly 3,000 students. Viterbo is located in scenic La Crosse, Wisconsin, which has been rated as one of the top places to live in the US. The region features an attractive cost of living, beautiful bluffs and coulees, three major rivers including the Mississippi River, world-class health care and education systems, and easy access to major cities in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: At Viterbo University, we value our inclusive climate and understand that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, constituencies, and those who will help us advance our diversity and inclusion initiatives aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Viterbo University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.
AddressLa Crosse, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Viterbo University
Get fresh Chief Human Resources jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.